• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Antoinette - Day six

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Antoinette - Day six

It was another late start today with the ship not arriving in Koblenz till 10:00am however for anyone that could drag themselves out of bed early enough, (it was an effort but I just managed it), there was a Black Forest cake baking demonstration put on by the pastry and executive chefs - It's a hard life eating black forest cake at 10:00 in the morning but I suppose someone has to do it.
    Koblenz looked to be a really interesting city but I found it really hard to connect with our guide, he just kept talking and talking and ignoring peoples questions to a certain extent.

Some of the guides have been brilliant but for some of the places I think with a little research you're almost better off doing your own thing. I ended up taking a cable cart up over the Rhine to visit the Ehrenbreistein fortress, (10 euros), and the views of Koblenz were amazing.

After that I went souvenir shopping for the kids as I was starting to worry they might not recognize me when I got back.
    This I think is the beauty of river cruising, having a wonder in the morning, heading back to the ship and then wondering back out to explore the town again at your own pace, (or if you're feeling energetic I found the ship has fifteen bikes that are free to use - useful if you miss the ship and need to catch up with it I suppose).
    Dinner was delicious again with lots of free wine flowing. For anyone keeping track of my waist line we had.......

Caeser salad
    Beef Consume with shredded pancakes

IMG_3943.jpg

Pasta with sun dried tomatoes and mozzerella
    Warm chocolate pudding with walnut ice-cream and an orange sauce.

It's the last night tomorrow with the Captains gala dinner set for 7:00pm so I'll let you all know if the cruise ends with a bang or a fizzle................

Happy, (river), cruising
    Attached Files
    Last edited by James, Cruise.co.uk; 21st November 2012, 09:58 AM.

I found the ship has fifteen bikes that are free to use - useful if you miss the ship and need to catch up with it I suppose).
    Err - If the boat has sailed, then the bikes are gone...
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    T Pratchett.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X