• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefields of World 1 and 2 - Shearings River Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kerry, Cruise co View Post
    The 8 day trip travelling by coach started at £749 per person for this trip. They do also do a 10 day trip in May and June which is £1149 per person. There is also a 9 day trip in November by coach which is £969 per person. There some tours which are included within the cost and any optional tours cost between £15 - £30 per person. You could also opt to join the your by rail or air and there is a supplement to do this
    Hi Kerry, thank you for the blog it was very interesting! Do you have any more details for the November trip, dates itinerary please?

Comment

Originally posted by Val, Wolverhampton View Post
      Hi Kerry, thank you for the blog it was very interesting! Do you have any more details for the November trip, dates itinerary please?
      Hi Val

If you could send me an email to kerryj@cruise.co.uk then I can send you a reply email with all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        [From the other WW1/WW2 blog]

I would advise anyone considering the WW1 battlefields and the WW2 areas, be prepared to shed tears and don't be ashamed to do so.

We attended the 8pm Menin Gate memorial on four consecutive nights. It was a privilege to see how the Fallen are remembered and the UTTER respect shown by EVERYONE there, from the youngsters to the very elderly.

We were the first from our family to pay our resects to one of my husband's uncles. He was nineteen years of age when killed and his name is on Lutyens' Thiepval Memorial.

One our most treasured 'holidays'.
        Seconded Mrs M
        We've been to quite a few of the battlefields in Belgium. .the Menin Gate ceremony brought a tear to my eye.
        And it's wonderful to see how well the graves and memorials are so well kept.
        A humbling experience.
        Regards
        Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry, Cruise co View Post
          Hi Val

If you could send me an email to kerryj@cruise.co.uk then I can send you a reply email with all the details.
          Thanks Kerry.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X