• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 3 on Scenic Jade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 on Scenic Jade.

This morning I woke up to a view of Budapest from my balcony. I have never been to this city before so I have been really looking forward to today. There are 2 sides to this city which is Buda on one side of the Danube and Pest on the other. Buda is more green and scenic and is the most sought after place to live which obviously makes it more expensive. However both sides had beautiful buildings and our tour guide was very informative so I found this tour very interesting. The tour actually finished with a concert of music from the famous pianist Franz Liszt. Again I would not normally listen to classical music but I don't think anyone could not have enjoyed this performance. The musician was excellent and so passionate about the music you could not fail to be impressed.
    After the tour we were soon back on board our ship for lunch. Today we went for the casual option rather than go to he main dining room. There was a huge selection of finder sandwiches and deserts, soup, salads and fish and chips. You could also order a pizza from the menu.
    I am now going to enjoy a few hours of relaxation before we meet up again later.
    The captain has invited us to the bridge which I am sure will be interesting then we are meeting for dinner. Tonight we have been lucky enough to have been invited to Table La Rive. This is usually only available for guests in suites or on the Danube deck so I think this will be very special.
    I have worked in the cruise industry for 24 years and have travelled to some amazing places and cruised with many different cruise lines. Why not visit my website www.roamingruthstravels.co.uk for more information and to see how my cutomers have rated my service. Please call me on 0800 408 6102 or email ruthg@cruise.co.uk for any help or advice.

Hi Ruth, I'm keen to know a bit more about the boat.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Hi Malcolm, The ship was beautiful and I can't recommend this cruise highly enough. I know you were concerned about the level of entertainment which is obviously limited on river cruises. However the staff and passengers are so friendly and they all have formed such good friendships that the atmosphere on board was fun and friendly. They had some local entertainment but otherwise during the day everyone is out enjoying the beautiful destinations which were truly stunning. The tours are excellent and they offer exclusive tours that offer extras that you wouldn't get with other companies. For example the tour in Budapest ended with a private concert. I am not a classical music fan but I thoroughly enjoyed this and was a lovely end to the tour. The evenings were nice because the food was first class and after dinner you can enjoy drinks in the bar or on deck which are all complimentary. I have written a full report on my website http://roamingruthstravels.co.uk/?p=539
      I have worked in the cruise industry for 24 years and have travelled to some amazing places and cruised with many different cruise lines. Why not visit my website www.roamingruthstravels.co.uk for more information and to see how my cutomers have rated my service. Please call me on 0800 408 6102 or email ruthg@cruise.co.uk for any help or advice.

Comment

I've read your full review, very interesting. I would love to do a river cruise one day.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X