• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenic Jade second day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth, cruise
    started a topic Scenic Jade second day

Scenic Jade second day

First of all I have to say that the concert last night was amazing. I am not really into classical music but even so I really enjoyed the concert. The surroundings were beautiful and I loved the opera and ballet.
    Today we started the day off with breakfast in the main restaurant. The food on the buffet was very good. There was a good choice and everything was cooked fresh and was warm. There is also the choice to order additional items from the menu. After breakfast I set off with my colleague Tamir for a tour to the Slovakian capital Bratislava.
    I am really glad I chose this tour because it is a stunning place to visit. The buildings are beautiful and there are lots of narrow streets with lovely ships and cafe's. The tour guides are very good. They are friendly and informative and everyone was very relaxed. We returned the ship for lunch before taking the shuttle bus to the centre of Vienna where we made our own way round. Vienna is a lovely city from what I saw as my time here has been limited. I did see the Spanish riding school which is right in the centre of Vienna but this is a separate excursion so I only saw the outside. Apparently this is their most popular excursion in Vienna. The other passengers had plenty of time in Vienna because they had arrived before us so we were only limited for time because we joined the cruise part way through. I have now retuned to the ship for a few glasses of champagne before getting ready for dinner. Tonight is the captains farewell gala dinner and as I love my food I have studied the menu carefully and it looks like we are in for a treat tonight.
    I am taking photographs and will update these on my web page when I return.

• Ruth, cruise
    replied
    Yes the standards vary so this is why you are best to contact us for advice. The Scenic Jade is a 5* and one of the few that are fully inclusive so very good value for money.

Leave a comment:

• Ruth, cruise
    replied
    The Scenic Jade owned by Scenic Tours.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Yes the thing that I know least about with river cruising is the quality of the various boats/lines. I assume that some are five star and some are 3 star, but which is which?

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    ...and the boat?

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X