• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the journey is almost over...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the journey is almost over...........

Dusseldorf, a 15 minute walk takes you into the first Market, I found this one a little nicer, not quite as crowed and well laid out. On saying that, it is a Sunday and the major shops do not open here, so this may account or the smaller crowds. But the prices were also quite reasonable compared to Cologne.

Back to the Serenade for afternoon tea and cakes, an everyday ritual in the lounge. I have been asked about the experience and can honestly say it is a very relaxing trip, even though you are off every day if you wish, the ship is small enough to get around, getting on/off is done withing minutes so after leaving the shopping in the cabin we were back in the lounge for coffee withing 10 minutes.

At 07:30 tonight we will be having cocktails and our Captains Gala night, a chance to dress up a little !! We have kept the same table throughout, for breakfast lunch and dinner, with the same waiter, very organized too.

Because the ship is full we have not been able to view all of the cabins, but I can honestly say there is very little time spent in them, this was not just us, but the majority of passengers.

I have now put my pictures on my facebook page into an album, https://www.facebook.com/teresa.esberger please go and see them and let me know what you think, or send me a message if you have any more questions.

Thanks to all for your blogs

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa E - Cruise Dot, Coventry View Post
      Dusseldorf, a 15 minute walk takes you into the first Market, I found this one a little nicer, not quite as crowed and well laid out. On saying that, it is a Sunday and the major shops do not open here, so this may account or the smaller crowds. But the prices were also quite reasonable compared to Cologne.

Back to the Serenade for afternoon tea and cakes, an everyday ritual in the lounge. I have been asked about the experience and can honestly say it is a very relaxing trip, even though you are off every day if you wish, the ship is small enough to get around, getting on/off is done withing minutes so after leaving the shopping in the cabin we were back in the lounge for coffee withing 10 minutes.

At 07:30 tonight we will be having cocktails and our Captains Gala night, a chance to dress up a little !! We have kept the same table throughout, for breakfast lunch and dinner, with the same waiter, very organized too.

Because the ship is full we have not been able to view all of the cabins, but I can honestly say there is very little time spent in them, this was not just us, but the majority of passengers.

I have now put my pictures on my facebook page into an album, https://www.facebook.com/teresa.esberger please go and see them and let me know what you think, or send me a message if you have any more questions.
      Maybe for those like myself who are not on Facebook, you could post them on the forum too as you've been posting your blog here.

Comment

I found a video of the boat here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7N5GjVp2E
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Considering the short walk into the town/city, it's easy to return to the ship for meals and refreshments. Agree that when there's a port stop every day the room is hardly use.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Maybe for those like myself who are not on Facebook, you could post them on the forum too as you've been posting your blog here.
            Okay Mrs M, pretty new to this and will certainly try, though I will admit to not being in the running for top photographer of the year!! I would be delighted for you to see my efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa E - Cruise Dot, Coventry View Post
              Okay Mrs M, pretty new to this and will certainly try, though I will admit to not being in the running for top photographer of the year!! I would be delighted for you to see my efforts.
              Thanks Teresa.
              Photographic ability, the like of David Bailey, was probably not in your job description so no worries! I just want to see your take on the boat.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X