• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River Cruise line - Serenade I - Day 2/3 - RichardS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Cruise line - Serenade I - Day 2/3 - RichardS

I'm having a great time on the Serenade I. The cabin, the food and the service are all great in my opinion, better than I expected for the price point. I really beleivr that the value for money factor of this cruise is amazing.

You will see from my pictures that the food is of a decent standard. At the bar they have mulled wine for 2.5euro and a large decent glass of house red for 4 euro so happy days.

After dinner we did the music quiz up in the bar, this was good fun, we personally had hoot, some people were laughing that hard that they had to leave the room !

We went into Cologne for a night out in the evening, I enjoyed sampling lots of German beer and having fun in the local bars until the early hours.
    Time flies when you are having fun and we didn't get back to the boat until they were just about to set sail early this morning.

I skipped breakfast as extra sleep was needed but lunch was great and set me up for a nice afternoon walking around Dusseldorf.

It was about a mile each way walking into Dusseldorf but it is a lovely place with more German Christmas markets serving great food and mulled wine which I love at this time of year.

I have had a nice relaxing late afternoon on the ship and it won't be long now until dinner now. It's gala night tonight so I'm looking forward to more decent food, wine and laughs later.

sigpic

Call me directly on 0800 408 6095
    Email me

Please visit my to view and rate my customer service as well as viewing my cruise related blogs.........

Your right the food does look very good,looks like river cruising can be value for money...Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

Hi Richard, tell me about your fellow passengers. Who goes?
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Nice pictures. Would like to know what type of people go for river cruises?

Comment

To answer the question about what type of people river cruise, I would say that it is mainly retired couples. Imagine the passengers on a Fred Olsen ocean cruise and you wouldn't be too far off.
          sigpic

Call me directly on 0800 408 6095
          Email me

Please visit my to view and rate my customer service as well as viewing my cruise related blogs.........

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X