• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Final Thoughts on River Cruising with APT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meg50, London View Post
    I am off on an APT river cruise soon, but am not keen on all the organised excursions. Is it easy to 'do your own thing instead?
    We are off on an Avalon river cruise soon and we are not keen on the organised excursions, except for one which we think we will do.
    We are doing Paris to Normandy, so feel very comfortable doing things on our own having travelled extensively in France over the years, so we hope this will be possible.
    This is really just a taster for us, to see if River cruising is for us, we got a good late deal so snapped it up.
    My biggest problem is the dress, I cannot envisage going into dinner in the clothes I have been in all day, but apparently that is quite normal. Any advice from anyone who has done a river cruise, re dress would be gratefully received.

Comment

Originally posted by redbonnet, Merseyside View Post
      We are off on an Avalon river cruise soon and we are not keen on the organised excursions, except for one which we think we will do.
      We are doing Paris to Normandy, so feel very comfortable doing things on our own having travelled extensively in France over the years, so we hope this will be possible.
      This is really just a taster for us, to see if River cruising is for us, we got a good late deal so snapped it up.
      My biggest problem is the dress, I cannot envisage going into dinner in the clothes I have been in all day, but apparently that is quite normal. Any advice from anyone who has done a river cruise, re dress would be gratefully received.
      Just spotted this but on our River cruise with Croisi most people did change for dinner and most of the ladies did wear a nice dress or separates, the sort of thing you would wear to go to a nice restaurant at home in the evening. For the first night Capt's Cocktail party and Gala dinner there were lots of long dresses and more dressy dresses, leaning more towards semi formal I would say.

Comment

we intend to change for dinner.

maybe not as posh as a sea cruise, but certainly out of trousers and trainers and into a dress/skirt for me, and a clean shirt/slacks or whatever for OH
        Meg

Comment

Originally posted by Meg50, London View Post
          we intend to change for dinner.

maybe not as posh as a sea cruise, but certainly out of trousers and trainers and into a dress/skirt for me, and a clean shirt/slacks or whatever for OH
          We will do pretty much the same. We will be in good company with quite a few Australians, New Zealanders & Americans on board, who tend to dress smartly but not formally.
          Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X