• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CroisiEurope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CroisiEurope

Could not see anything about this river and coastal cruise line on here.

Anyone any info on La Belle de l'Adriatique and the Croatia and Montenegro Cruise?

All I know is that they are French based, so appeal to French passengers, as as well as international passengers, have 40+ river boats and have very good reputation for quality.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Friends of ours took a cruise with them in Portugal and were impressed. The language on board was French, but English was widely spoken. They reported that food was good, but not much choice - one meat, one fish and a vegetarian dish at each dinner. They felt that it was good value for money and plan to use them again. They have asked us to join them and we probably will if we can find a suitable date and itinerary.

Comment

We did that cruise and whilst the scenery was stunning, the ship was terrible.

Firstly there is no choice on the menu both at lunch and evening meal, except have it or not. If you really say you don't want it they will ask the chef to prepare something and that can be anything. We had two vegetarians on our table and one night they came and told them that their meal had been given to someone else and they would get vegetarian burgers for their main evening meal course.

Breakfast things were never cleared and that meant you were juggling with your neighbour to try and fit a plate on the table. I had to ask 4 mornings for the hot food to be renewed because it had run out. No one really cared.

The jacuzzis really did not work at all. Any slight swell and one wondered if the cabin would hold together. Don't trust the itinerary, they just change it.

We will return to the area, it is fantastic, but would not use Coisie again.

Comment

Originally posted by Raffles, UK View Post
          We did that cruise and whilst the scenery was stunning, the ship was terrible.

Firstly there is no choice on the menu both at lunch and evening meal, except have it or not. If you really say you don't want it they will ask the chef to prepare something and that can be anything. We had two vegetarians on our table and one night they came and told them that their meal had been given to someone else and they would get vegetarian burgers for their main evening meal course.

Breakfast things were never cleared and that meant you were juggling with your neighbour to try and fit a plate on the table. I had to ask 4 mornings for the hot food to be renewed because it had run out. No one really cared.

The jacuzzis really did not work at all. Any slight swell and one wondered if the cabin would hold together. Don't trust the itinerary, they just change it.

We will return to the area, it is fantastic, but would not use Coisie again.
          Thanks for the report. Sorry the river boat did not live up to expectations.

I agree a fabulous part of the world.

Annie

Comment

Just a slight correction Annie. This is what Coisie call a coastal cruise, it is not one of their river cruises, even though it is small with 200 passengers.

We booked through Archers Direct and their pickup service was absolutely awful. Had to wait 40 minutes at the airport for their luxury chauffeur driven car to arrive, they sent ours away and had to get someone from their home to travel to Gatwick to pick us up! Archers use these words to describe the ship "Very good food and service". Should report them to Adversing Standards, the ship offered neither to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Raffles, UK View Post
              Just a slight correction Annie. This is what Coisie call a coastal cruise, it is not one of their river cruises, even though it is small with 200 passengers.

We booked through Archers Direct and their pickup service was absolutely awful. Had to wait 40 minutes at the airport for their luxury chauffeur driven car to arrive, they sent ours away and had to get someone from their home to travel to Gatwick to pick us up! Archers use these words to describe the ship "Very good food and service". Should report them to Adversing Standards, the ship offered neither to us.
              I stand corrected

I have used Archers before and had no issues but they were land trips. However I think Archers will no longer be an option soon?? Is that brand of Cosmos not being discontinued??

My experience of small boats/ships is that the variety of food and entertainment is very limited.

Annie

Comment

The information given to me recently, as a customer, was that Archers was going as a brand name, still keeping staff, but all under Cosmos and that Cosmos was staying.

Mind you when we were away with Archers once and needed to see a rep, they sent a Cosmos rep who said that Archers and Cosmos had nothing more to do with each other! That was about 5 years ago in the Canaries.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X