• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The World" visits the NW.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "The World" visits the NW.

    Our local newspaper tells us that "The World" cruise ship is coming to Whitehaven in August. Passengers will be ferried ashore, and many will go on trips into the Lake District. Does anyone know her schedules for the UK this summer?
    Jo.
    Jo.

    #2
    Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
    Our local newspaper tells us that "The World" cruise ship is coming to Whitehaven in August. Passengers will be ferried ashore, and many will go on trips into the Lake District. Does anyone know her schedules for the UK this summer?
    Jo.
    Have a look here:
    The World - 2010 Detailed Itinerary

    26 Jul 2010 Southampton
    27 Jul 2010 to 29 Jul 2010 Dartmouth
    29 Jul 2010 to 31 Jul 2010 Fowey
    1 Aug 2010 to 3 Aug 2010 Cardiff, Wales
    4 Aug 2010 to 8 Aug 2010 Dublin
    9 Aug 2010 to 11 Aug 2010 Cobh, Cork
    12 Aug 2010 to 13 Aug 2010 Douglas, Isle of Man
    14 Aug 2010 to 15 Aug 2010 Whitehaven
    16 Aug 2010 to 19 Aug 2010 Liverpool
    20 Aug 2010 to 23 Aug 2010 Greenock (Glasgow)
    23 Aug 2010 to 25 Aug 2010 Oban
    25 Aug 2010 Captain's Choice
    We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      And in 2011 The World will be visiting these British ports:


      28 May 2011 to 29 May 2011 Captain's Choice
      30 May 2011 to 2 Jun 2011 Falmouth
      3 Jun 2011 At Sea
      4 Jun 2011 to 8 Jun 2011 London (Greenwich)
      9 Jun 2011 At Sea
      10 Jun 2011 to 11 Jun 2011 Newcastle
      12 Jun 2011 to 15 Jun 2011 Edinburgh (Leith)
      16 Jun 2011 to 17 Jun 2011 Lerwick
      18 Jun 2011 At Sea


      The Worlds homepage can be found at: The World - Home
      We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        She passed through Barbados, December 2008

        ..and I remember the oddest thing about her as she left the island




        She had these very bright lights shining out from the ship



        much brighter than these shots might indicate.


        I've since wondered
        if these lights are to illuminate the waters around the ships for decorative purposes?
        -or to make it difficult to make out detail on board (for security reasons?)..
        they really were quite bright!

        .
        Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

        Comment


          #5
          The World



          -----------------------------------------------------------------
          sigpic
          Cruisings Cool

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks, Shelley- staying overnight at both IOM and Whitehaven. I don't suppose the guests like racing back for a 6pm sailaway!
            I should be able to have a good look at her, sailing across from IOM.
            Cheers!
            Jo.
            Jo.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
              Thanks, Shelley- staying overnight at both IOM and Whitehaven. I don't suppose the guests like racing back for a 6pm sailaway!
              I should be able to have a good look at her, sailing across from IOM.
              Cheers!
              Jo.
              No probs rooms onboard start at $1900 per person per night BTW just in case you ever get the urge......
              We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Shelledpea, Stalybridge, nr Manchester View Post
                No probs rooms onboard start at $1900 per person per night BTW just in case you ever get the urge......
                I hope you would get a penthouse suite for that?? Just in case my euro millions (1) ticket comes up tomorrow night!

                Lizzie.
                Lizzie sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Shelledpea, Stalybridge, nr Manchester View Post
                  No probs rooms onboard start at $1900 per person per night BTW just in case you ever get the urge......
                  Cheap at half the price
                  where can I book
                  and what are your account details? ;) :D

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The world came to Falmouth many years ago we went to see her sail, don't expect to see any passengers waving, it really was like a ghost ship.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                      I hope you would get a penthouse suite for that?? Just in case my euro millions (1) ticket comes up tomorrow night!

                      Lizzie.
                      No that is inside a lifeboat a cabin costs more

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                        Cheap at half the price
                        where can I book
                        and what are your account details? ;) :D
                        I'd gone up a class there ~ slightly more reasonable are the Luxury Studios from $1300 a night per person

                        Hate to see what the 6 bedroom penthouse is selling for
                        We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Shelledpea, Stalybridge, nr Manchester View Post
                          I'd gone up a class there ~ slightly more reasonable are the Luxury Studios from $1300 a night per person

                          Hate to see what the 6 bedroom penthouse is selling for
                          Mmmm- slightly more than the ferry from the IOM then, if I was fancying the trip across....
                          Jo.
                          Jo.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Shelledpea, Stalybridge, nr Manchester View Post
                            I'd gone up a class there ~ slightly more reasonable are the Luxury Studios from $1300 a night per person

                            Hate to see what the 6 bedroom penthouse is selling for
                            $13,000 that is an outside on deck a little more gets a tent ;)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Just done a quick check from 27 may to 4th June in a type 3 studio ONLY $11900 for 2 people ~ so the prices must be for 2 people not one.

                              Does it sound better saying from $650 per person per night?
                              We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X