• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The World in Greenock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World in Greenock

the World was in Greenock, Scotland over the last few days before sailing to Oban tonight. here are some photos of her docked in Greenock today with Ocean Countess behind her. as you can see by the photos the weather was lovely and sunny the photos were taken a few miles away from accross the water in Helensburgh on hubbies new panasonic lumix camera......thanks again everyone who suggested this one when I asked a few months ago. :D he loves it. :D
    Attached Files
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Where were they all heading to, today, Issy? Has the local paper managed to get a foot in the door? (ours did.) I bet a lot have gone to Loch Lomond for the golf.....
    Thanks for the pics-
    Jo.
    Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
      Where were they all heading to, today, Issy? Has the local paper managed to get a foot in the door? (ours did.) I bet a lot have gone to Loch Lomond for the golf.....
      Thanks for the pics-
      Jo.
      I don't know where they were going Jo as the papers haven't mentioned anything about is's docking. when we were in Oban last weekend I mentioned to the hotel owner that the World would be docking in Oban tomorrow and Tue and they knew nothing about it!! well I suppose not everyone are cruise geeks! ;)

Comment

Wow- the Whitehaven paper was gearing up for this for months, and the harbour was full of stalls and entertainment! I bet it was mostly the locals, though!!
        Jo.
        Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          the World was in Greenock, Scotland over the last few days before sailing to Oban tonight. here are some photos of her docked in Greenock today with Ocean Countess behind her. as you can see by the photos the weather was lovely and sunny the photos were taken a few miles away from accross the water in Helensburgh on hubbies new panasonic lumix camera......thanks again everyone who suggested this one when I asked a few months ago. :D he loves it. :D
          Greenock IS the centre of the WORLD.

jim

Comment

Glad you got to see her Issy. Unfortunately due to family commitments and hospital visiting we didn't make it to Greenock. Pity but that's life.

Comment

Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
              Glad you got to see her Issy. Unfortunately due to family commitments and hospital visiting we didn't make it to Greenock. Pity but that's life.
              sorry to hear that Marie hope everything is OK now.

I think passers by must have thought hubbie was nuts for taking photos in the pouring rain of a couple of ships that you could hardly see. a wee bit of brightness came when we were having a meal so he had to run out mid meal to take a photo, awa bless. he was getting depressed as he wanted to be onboard a ship any ship! but not long now 3 weeks to go.yipee :D:D

I have been looking on the Oban webcams for the World today but cannot see it so mayby it's tendered quite far out.

Comment

All is ok with my own family Issy, but my SIL is very ill and brother very confused due to previous strokes, thanks for asking.

Anyway, glad you got a look-see, even through our typical Scottish weather. Bet it was a damp experience for the World cruisers.

Comment

sorry to hear that Marie hope everything is OK now.

I think passers by must have thought hubbie was nuts for taking photos in the pouring rain of a couple of ships that you could hardly see. a wee bit of brightness came when we were having a meal so he had to run out mid meal to take a photo, awa bless. he was getting depressed as he wanted to be onboard a ship any ship! but not long now 3 weeks to go.yipee :D:D

I have been looking on the Oban webcams for the World today but cannot see it so mayby it's tendered quite far out.
                  Issy, I've been trying to find her on shipsmaps AIS, but the site just says not registered....Perhaps she's gone off on a mystery trip?
                  Jo.
                  Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
                    Issy, I've been trying to find her on shipsmaps AIS, but the site just says not registered....Perhaps she's gone off on a mystery trip?
                    Jo.
                    Jo I found her intinnery on 'the world' website. mayby she sails incogneto!

Comment

The word Helensburgh brought back memories. Had a boyfriend there many years ago. Every six weeks drive up from London for the weekend then the long drive back again. Loved that part of the country.
                      EDENA

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X