• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MV Quest for Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MV Quest for Adventure

    A friend told me yesterday that his parents are sailing to The Fjords next month on Quest for Adventure. I had to admit to him that I'd never heard of it

    I had a poke around the internet and it seems that it doesn't exist..................yet.

    Saga Pearl II is currently on her final voyage which finishes in Southampton on 6 May. She will sail out later that day as Quest for Adventure on her maiden voyage.

    Whereas it's probably not a unique occurrence for a ship to sail in to Southampton with one name and sail out the same day with another, it must be pretty rare.

    I would think that the paint will still be wet as she sets sail.

    Bob

    #2
    Ermm I found this info in 2 seconds flat Quest for Adventure - Worldwide Cruises - Saga Cruising try Google. I expect the Costa ships may get 'renamed' next in the not too distant future if their publicity gets any worse.
    Last edited by trevor432990, East Sussex; 27th April 2012, 06:16 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
      A friend told me yesterday that his parents are sailing to The Fjords next month on Quest for Adventure. I had to admit to him that I'd never heard of it

      I had a poke around the internet and it seems that it doesn't exist..................yet.

      Saga Pearl II is currently on her final voyage which finishes in Southampton on 6 May. She will sail out later that day as Quest for Adventure on her maiden voyage.

      Whereas it's probably not a unique occurrence for a ship to sail in to Southampton with one name and sail out the same day with another, it must be pretty rare.

      I would think that the paint will still be wet as she sets sail.

      Bob
      I'd never heard of this Quest either Bob so I followed your lead and looked. The logistics in totally reinventing a ship in a day must be amazing.
      Can't say it appeals...yet!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
        Ermm I found this info in 2 seconds flat Quest for Adventure - Worldwide Cruises - Saga Cruising try Google. I expect the Costa ships may get 'renamed' next in the not too distant future if their publicity gets any worse.
        I found the same info in about the same time as you did before I started the thread Trevor. I'm not sure what your point is though. If you've never heard of Quest for Adventure then you wouldn't google it.

        When I said that it doesn't exist yet, I meant a ship of that name doesn't exist yet, not that information about it on the internet doesn't exist.

        Where do you think I got my info from?

        Bob

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
          I'd never heard of this Quest either Bob so I followed your lead and looked. The logistics in totally reinventing a ship in a day must be amazing.
          Can't say it appeals...yet!
          Hello Mrs M.

          I would imagine the logistics will amount to painting out the old name and painting on the new one. I think that unlike Spirit of Adventure, you will still need to be over 50 to sail on her, so that's probably why it doesn't appeal to you...........you're probably not eligible yet

          Bob

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
            Hello Mrs M.

            I would imagine the logistics will amount to painting out the old name and painting on the new one. I think that unlike Spirit of Adventure, you will still need to be over 50 to sail on her, so that's probably why it doesn't appeal to you...........you're probably not eligible yet

            Bob

            That's another drink I owe you!

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Bobby, are you aiming to be voted 'Mr Popularity' from the over 50's?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ramseygirl, isle of man View Post
                Hi Bobby, are you aiming to be voted 'Mr Popularity' from the over 50's?
                Hello ramseygirl.

                Being voted 'Mr Popularity' by anyone would be ok with me

                Bob

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                  I found the same info in about the same time as you did before I started the thread Trevor. I'm not sure what your point is though. If you've never heard of Quest for Adventure then you wouldn't google it.

                  When I said that it doesn't exist yet, I meant a ship of that name doesn't exist yet, not that information about it on the internet doesn't exist.

                  Where do you think I got my info from?

                  Bob
                  Quest for Adventure has been advertised for over a year in the Spirit for Adventure brochure as well as on Saga website. We booked over a year ago for Quest.

                  Agreed, if you don't know something exists then you are hardly likely to look for it on the internet. However if you are looking for cruises, then you would have found Quest on both the Saga website and Spirit of Adventure website.

                  As Quest for Adventure cruises are sold by Saga it is unlikely that the over-50 rule will not apply hopefully.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by segedunum, Tyneside View Post
                    Quest for Adventure has been advertised for over a year in the Spirit for Adventure brochure as well as on Saga website. We booked over a year ago for Quest.

                    Agreed, if you don't know something exists then you are hardly likely to look for it on the internet. However if you are looking for cruises, then you would have found Quest on both the Saga website and Spirit of Adventure website.

                    As Quest for Adventure cruises are sold by Saga it is unlikely that the over-50 rule will not apply hopefully.
                    I can honestly sat that whenever I look for cruises Saga never appear. I only mentioned the 'over 50' bit as I read that Spirit of Adventure was for anyone over 21.

                    The interesting bit for me was that she arrives in Southampton on Sunday as Saga Pearl II and leaves on the same day as Quest for Adventure.

                    Bob

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                      I can honestly sat that whenever I look for cruises Saga never appear. I only mentioned the 'over 50' bit as I read that Spirit of Adventure was for anyone over 21.

                      The interesting bit for me was that she arrives in Southampton on Sunday as Saga Pearl II and leaves on the same day as Quest for Adventure.

                      Bob
                      I cannot actually find an age range in the old "of Adventure" brochure but it seems to be sold under the Saga brand now so maybe has become over 50. Googling "cruises" brings up Saga on the 'Ads" on the right side of the results page.

                      I suppose that because Saga is a specialist and direct sales only it is less likely to appear from a Google. Their ships fill up quickly enough without widely advertising themselves.

                      After the Southampton departure Dover seems destined to become Quest's home port (I prefer Southampton to Dover but if we ave to go from Dover - so be it).

                      Funny - Google and Googling aren't in my spell-checker

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Saga Pearl 2 has been converted and re-named Quest for Adventure for the over 21's but is still operated by Saga. Their previous ship doing these type of far-flung cruises, Spirit of Adventure, has now been withdrawn. Hope this is of help, Hugh.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Here's a link to the Captain's blog on the day of the name change........

                          Quest for Adventure Captain's blog | Quest for Adventure | Saga Pearl II and Saga Ruby cruises - Saga Cruising | Saga Cruises and Holidays in UK and Abroad - Saga Holidays

                          An interesting story about painting the new name on all the bits 'n' bobs ahead of the passengers embarking for the maiden cruise.

                          Bob

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                            Here's a link to the Captain's blog on the day of the name change........

                            Quest for Adventure Captain's blog | Quest for Adventure | Saga Pearl II and Saga Ruby cruises - Saga Cruising | Saga Cruises and Holidays in UK and Abroad - Saga Holidays


                            An interesting story about painting the new name on all the bits 'n' bobs ahead of the passengers embarking for the maiden cruise.

                            Bob
                            The original acquisition was dealt with in

                            New ship for Saga cruise fleet - Captain Greybeard - Travel Advice - Mirror.co.uk

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by posh fan, telford View Post
                              Saga Pearl 2 has been converted and re-named Quest for Adventure for the over 21's but is still operated by Saga. Their previous ship doing these type of far-flung cruises, Spirit of Adventure, has now been withdrawn. Hope this is of help, Hugh.
                              I have just returned from a cruise to The Gulf of Bothnia on Quest for Adventure. The ship, marketed by the Saga group, is definitely for over 50s.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X