• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone considering the final trip on ocean village?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is anyone considering the final trip on ocean village?

    Just wondering if anyone thinking about the final cruise to Singapore on ocean village, and did anyone do the same on OV2 ?

    #2
    hi, yes we did the ov2 repo cruise last year and enjoyed the trip although the many days at sea I think 5 in a row were really too much for me. The ports were interesting and met many lovely passengers, the nights in Singapore were brilliant at the end. We did the extra first week in Adriatic but to be honest weather was a bit dodgy but the rest of the time weather fantastic, causing many problems trying to get sunbeds on sea days. We had already been on ov1 many times so knew what to expect regarding the ship and were not dissappointed, only wish this trip was going to different ports and we would have been going again,

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Lynn, wales View Post
      Just wondering if anyone thinking about the final cruise to Singapore on ocean village, and did anyone do the same on OV2 ?
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

      Comment


        #4
        Now the 10th due to system trouble. wednesday morning 10 am - like the Simon and Garfunkel song

        Comment


          #5
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

          Comment


            #6
            Are you sure it is the last cruise. Cruise is complete and everyone has paid their money, then, surprise surprise, a new 'OV' is born perhaps with a different name.

            Cynical eh!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by davecttr, gillingham View Post
              Are you sure it is the last cruise. Cruise is complete and everyone has paid their money, then, surprise surprise, a new 'OV' is born perhaps with a different name.

              Cynical eh!
              Hi
              Quoting "Final Cruise on OV" i think 21 Oct
              JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi
                Quoting "Final Cruise on OV" i think 21 Oct
                JC
                Hi just booked I hope on OV" for the final cruise!! 21st Oct paid deposit!! but it crashed today with many people trying to book!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  what cabin was that for??

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hi All,

                    I was here at the start line at 7am yesterday morning - ready to dash when the gun went off. Sadly due to the system crashing I would have been better off in bed! but this sort of thing happens on a launch day and it's all part of the fun.

                    The prices that are floating around are guide prices. Very competitive though, especially for the 30 night Big Goodbye cruise with the packages. See my blog from yesterday at ww.kellyknowscruise.blogspot.com for the packages available and the starting prices.

                    Bear in mind yesterday as we logged onto to book clients on the prices were changing every 30 seconds!

                    So... if you want to get onto this sailing call a cruise specialist now to get someone on the start line for you!
                    Kelly Simons
                    Specialist Cruise Consultant

                    Direct Tel: 0800 408 6122
                    Email: kellys@cruise.co.uk
                    Personal Blog: www.KellyKnowsCruise.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Kelly, Cruise.co.uk View Post
                      Hi All,

                      I was here at the start line at 7am yesterday morning - ready to dash when the gun went off. Sadly due to the system crashing I would have been better off in bed! but this sort of thing happens on a launch day and it's all part of the fun.

                      The prices that are floating around are guide prices. Very competitive though, especially for the 30 night Big Goodbye cruise with the packages. See my blog from yesterday at ww.kellyknowscruise.blogspot.com for the packages available and the starting prices.

                      Bear in mind yesterday as we logged onto to book clients on the prices were changing every 30 seconds!

                      So... if you want to get onto this sailing call a cruise specialist now to get someone on the start line for you!
                      Hi Kelly - but cruise.co.uk doesn't open its phone lines until 9am.... quite a few times I had an email with a bargain and have phoned 2 or 3 of your competitors until the phone lines at cruise dot open for business........
                      sigpic
                      Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
                      Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
                      Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
                      Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Grant. I'm really sorry about that, we'd hate to miss out on your business! True, our office is open from 9am (except Sundays when it's 10am). This gives us a chance to logon to all the systems and get ready to go. The lines are always open, and sometimes there is a keen agent in nice and early before we are officially open

                        Also I should mention that on launch mornings it can be really hectic and our phone lines can be pretty busy with outbound and inbound calls so the best plan is to get in touch with an agent the day before the launch to discuss your requirements exactly as we won't necessarily have much chance to talk the morning of the launch before it goes on sale!

                        So anyone looking to get on the OV farewell sailings... today is the day to get in touch ;)
                        Kelly Simons
                        Specialist Cruise Consultant

                        Direct Tel: 0800 408 6122
                        Email: kellys@cruise.co.uk
                        Personal Blog: www.KellyKnowsCruise.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Useful to know - thanks Kelly :D
                          sigpic
                          Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
                          Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
                          Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
                          Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Final Voyage Ocean Village

                            We are trying to book the final voyage but on Monday the site crashed. Did anyone manage to book before it did?

                            Also we have asked an agent to book for us but we cannot decide if we would do better trying ourselves?

                            We have paid a deposit with them which will only be taken if they get us a place on the cruise. Any advice would be welcome

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by davecttr, gillingham View Post
                              Are you sure it is the last cruise. Cruise is complete and everyone has paid their money, then, surprise surprise, a new 'OV' is born perhaps with a different name.

                              Cynical eh!

                              No, i really dont think so. With the trend these days being to try to book last minute at last minute prices, and with the costs of everything going up everywhere, you cant really run a reputable cruise line on last minute prices. Like many things in life, got to go where the money is.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X