• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocean Village going, going......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
    OV will be missed in the Carribean.
    And I wonder when the powers that be will realise they have made the bigest mistake ever :-(

And as i have posted before call it a 1000 passengers a week on OV , and now those 1000 have got to pile onto another line ................... Ventura, as big as she is sails nigh on full as an example, so all us homeless OV-ers will be in a limbo :-(
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK View Post
      And I wonder when the powers that be will realise they have made the bigest mistake ever :-(

And as i have posted before call it a 1000 passengers a week on OV , and now those 1000 have got to pile onto another line ................... Ventura, as big as she is sails nigh on full as an example, so all us homeless OV-ers will be in a limbo :-(
      I think you are right. There will be hundreds of us looking to replace OV in the Caribbean and I for one don't fancy Ventura. I hope a viable option pops up from somewhere.
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
        I think you are right. There will be hundreds of us looking to replace OV in the Caribbean and I for one don't fancy Ventura. I hope a viable option pops up from somewhere.

and sooner , rather than later as I want to start booking for january now :-(
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba, N View Post
          I sailed on this old clunker in one of its former lives as Arcadia (III) and I can honestly say it was the worst cruise ship I had sailed on in recent times.
          P&O started operating Arcadia out of Southampton, far from the calmer shallower Caribbean waters that it was designed for whence operated by Princess.

The Formal Restaurant was on deck 2, now wisely converted to the gym, where the noise of the cutlery jangling on the tables could be heard before you got through the doors! Why, because the vibration from the propshaft and the propellers thrashing away beneath had to be experienced to be believed. We used to play a game during the evening meal watching the wine glasses bounce their way across the table to see who dare let them get closest to the edge before returning them to the centre of the table!

BTW The new family members we introduced to cruising never ever cruised again!
          Only did the caribbean on the OV and was wonderfull must say it has opened up our cruising world for us and we cruised on the Sea Princess last December in to the new year and that was good too, they both had there good and bad points, entertainment was much better on the OV.

Comment

Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
            Ocean Village Two was our Second and Third cruises
            so we feel the same way -and yes the cabins were quite spacious enough.

There were seventeen drawers for all your stuff!!

Awww brought back lovely memories seeing these pictures, must get my snaps out and reminisse.

Comment

I've never done OV or OV2 so I have no first hand experience. People who I know personally have mixed views from their OV cruises, mostly quite negative when compared to previous voyages, although 1st time cruises, with nothing to compare with, thought it was great. However there is clearly a market for this style, size and format of cruise so I'm sure someone will fill the void.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                I've never done OV or OV2 so I have no first hand experience. People who I know personally have mixed views from their OV cruises, mostly quite negative when compared to previous voyages, although 1st time cruises, with nothing to compare with, thought it was great. However there is clearly a market for this style, size and format of cruise so I'm sure someone will fill the void.
                I do hope so --time is getting late now though :-(
                Our first cruise was formal and we loved it -- but 7 cruises later all on OV /Ov2 -- and all brilliant, and will miss very much :mad:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK View Post
                  Hey, thanks for that Gixxergal.

If only you could zoom in on Ventura's balconies - midship, deck C - you'd see me thanking my lucky stars for a narrow escape. ;)

Comment

awwwww its such a fun and laid back ship --Ventura was an option but getting more and more remoter :-(
                    Especially the dinky cabins and Sea days .. (and thats most ships) seriously thinking of 2 weeks in Barbados for our January hol next year as nothing is making us feel thats, *the ship for us*

Just watched that vid again -- a cracking time --and reminds me that the two weeks aboard, the P & O *sales people* done nothing but try and sway anyone who would listen to book with Ventura next year as it will be downgraded to a *more casual* cruise ....
                    Even with a 10% on board discount (if you book Ventura -or any P & O ship, there and then) --I dont think they made any transactions though)
                    Last edited by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK; 22nd February 2010, 02:58 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                      Yes i agree with you it was our first sailing but we have since been on Sea Princess but would not rule out another cruise with the OV1 and we didn't have to cancel the added tips because there wasn't any not like the other cruises i felt a little uncomfortable having to take it off the bill as i only like to tip where necessary.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X