• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocean Village going, going......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocean Village going, going......

Gone! (Well, nearly)....

Ocean Village fans are snapping up the chance to 'cruise casually' for the last time.

The farewell cruise is due to sail around the Caribbean in March, and with only a few cabins left - it'll probably be a sell-out.

Are you an Ocean Village fan? Are you booked to sail on her before she goes 'Down Under'?

Who do you think 'Ocean Villagers' will cruise with in future?

Is there really a cruiseline that can be compared to the cruiseline 'for people who don't do cruises'?

(Photos courtesy of Aplmac!)
    Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Please note: I am currently on maternity leave. Should you have any admin queries, please send a PM to Nisha at sea . Thanks

Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

We were docked opposite OV1 in Antigua:

For about an hour before they sailed, a DJ with a million-watt PA system treated the entire island to his inane remarks ("...Hello Ventura, you paid more for your cruise, but we get more drunk!").

Having chosen Ventura because there were no balcony cabins available on OV1, we were grateful for a narrow escape!

Comment

Sad Loss of Ocean Village

what a shame --you missed a brilliant time . I have the vidio of this on YouTube.
      Thats odd cos the Sales people have been telling us that Ventura is cheap ?? It has less port days and more sea days --so running costs are lower ??

Most of staff and entertainment seem to have contracts sorted now and lots are off to Ventura, looks like passengers will maybe be giving Ventura a try .. as OV is flooded with P & O staff trying to sell /push us onto Ventura :o (as the nearest comparable ship)

But its not in GBP ?? MORE sea days ? are tips EXTRA ? and smaller cabins :-(

I wonder when OV Powers that be will realise it is the biggest miskake they have ever made -- 2 ships sailing to capacity 2 years ago --one this year --and thn next year we (OV-ers) will have to all fit on other ships

PS --Yes we are booked for the 16 dayer in September too
      Last edited by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK; 16th February 2010, 02:58 PM. Reason: Missed an IMPORTANT bit :-)
      sigpic

Comment

Is it just a bad dream?

If you're on Facebook, I started one of those special interest Groups
        -called it Ocean Village Holidays.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9966954255

Lots of nice pictures!

I think a lot of faithful Ocean Villagers can't believe their lousy luck
        and are wandering around in a bit of a daze, wondering What Next!

Agree with poster above, about the Business Blunder
        -unless there's some angle we don't understand
        that the whole OV experiment failed somehow..?

Most people are left wondering WHY?!

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

I am in your Group David

Hmm the link is not showing up as a *clicky* ???
          Last edited by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK; 16th February 2010, 11:13 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

OV I have booked my next fix in the Med.
            I hope I can get one more before she goes :D

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post

Lol Us Kent people could fill the Med cruises as I know quite a lot who have booked !!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxergal, Rochester Kent UK View Post
                Lol Us Kent people could fill the Med cruises as I know quite a lot who have booked !!!
                So you have changed your name?
                Must have been all the snow in Rochester :D
                Love the OV just to chill out.

Comment

In my mind NCL are probably next closed to the OV concept of people not wanting the 'stuffyness of old style cruising'. I guess you could also say that some of the RCI party ships also have that fun element to try and me less traditional in their cruise approach.
                  sigpic
                  Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
                  Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
                  Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
                  Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
                    If you're on Facebook, I started one of those special interest Groups
                    -called it Ocean Village Holidays.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9966954255

Lots of nice pictures!
                    I just just joined you all :-)
                    sigpic
                    Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
                    Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
                    Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
                    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

We get VERY few air travel deals out here!

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                      In some ways, you guys are so lucky to live where you do..
                      not the weather and climate,of course..

It costs us a small fortune to first get to the UK -then to fly out to the Med.

If I lived in the UK, I'd do the Med. to death, just like you do!
                      It's only 2-3 hrs. away by air.

Note to self: Keep buying LOTTO tickets!

Comment

Sad really to seee the Ocean Village go, it was my first cruise so have a soft spot for her
                        had a really great time cabin was really spacious too.

Comment

Originally posted by Denna, Leicester View Post
                          Sad really to see the Ocean Village go,
                          it was my first cruise so have a soft spot for her
                          had a really great time -cabin was really spacious too.
                          Ocean Village Two was our Second and Third cruises
                          so we feel the same way -and yes the cabins were quite spacious enough.

There were seventeen drawers for all your stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
                            In my mind NCL are probably next closed to the OV concept of people not wanting the 'stuffyness of old style cruising'. I guess you could also say that some of the RCI party ships also have that fun element to try and me less traditional in their cruise approach.
                            Interesting. We returned fron OV yesterday (Norovirus and all!) and I was clocking all the cruise ships that were docked on any of the islands whilst we were there. There were several and I've looked them all up in my Berlitz guide. Norwegian Dawn came out top from the ones we saw. We so loved the itinerary that we will do it again sometime. I'll not do a proper review, as I'm saving that for 'Discovery' in June. Suffice to say that despite the dreaded 'Nora' as we called it, we had a great time and OV did exactly what it said on the tin. The staff all worked their socks off to combat the virus and the 'special measures' were lifted just before we disembarked.

FYI- we docked along side Carnival Victory at some stage and the volume from their Country music in the middle of the afternoon was deafening and a doze on the deck was out of the question for us on OV.
                            Jill

Comment

Antigua

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
                              We docked along side Carnival Victory at some stage ..
                              Their view of you, on Ocean Village..

would have been something like this..

..as they sailed away.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X