• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Island Escape - case for the defence!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Escape - case for the defence!

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    Sorry Maggie, I should have included the post but it was such an old thread I hadn't expected it to be revived

I was reporting a spam that admin subsequently removed, so you are quite right there is something missing and now it just looks like I am randomly reporting a perfectly innocent reply...oops.....Carol

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
    I saw this thread and when I looked closer it an older thread fron two years ago. However Carol's answer doesn't seem to belong to anything of the previous posts. Have I missed something?
    If not just to let you all know I have seen Island Ecsape a few times of late. In fact I saw at close quarters on Wednesday of this week.( Nov. 23rd 2012)
    She is laid up in Limassol harbour. Been there a few days if not longer. Not sure what the problem is.

Leave a comment:

• davecttr, gillingham
    replied
    Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
    I saw this thread and when I looked closer it an older thread fron two years ago. However Carol's answer doesn't seem to belong to anything of the previous posts. Have I missed something?
    If not just to let you all know I have seen Island Ecsape a few times of late. In fact I saw at close quarters on Wednesday of this week.( Nov. 23rd 2012)
    She is laid up in Limassol harbour. Been there a few days if not longer. Not sure what the problem is.
    Mothballed for the winter. she only does summer cruises.

Leave a comment:

• MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS
    replied
    Is there something missing?

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
    Also reported..Carol

Leave a comment:

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    Also reported..Carol

Leave a comment:

• Milly Doodles, Tadley, Hampshire
    replied
    Hope you have a really lovely time !!!! I'm jealous!!!
    Have ust returned from a week aboar the Thomson Dream (as featured on Watchdog recently!!) and had a lovely time ........... might well start a defensive thread on that shop too!!! Perhaps I'm just easily pleased!

Leave a comment:

• Shelley, Cwmbran
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by colette, fareham View Post
    The Island Escape Action Group - Home where I believe you will see that pictures do paint thousands of words. To say 'that we are not all a nation of complainers!!!!!' is quite a generalisation - then how would you explain that the Xmas Carousal cruise has generated over 400 complaints - quite a conicidence that so many of the nation's cruise complainers were on one trip?

I rest my case with respect
    Last edited by Milly Doodles, Tadley, Hampshire; 26th March 2010, 09:46 AM. Reason: clarify points

Leave a comment:

• ilovesunshine, east yorks
    replied
    I have just had a look at the pictures and it reminds me of the supposedly superior deluxe balcony suite we had on Holland America Zuiderdam. We paid a lot of money for what was described as a 5 star cruise. Our cabin was filthy. The furniture was shabby with stains on the sofa and chairs. The bathroom floor looked like it had never been cleaned and dirt on the wall around the toilet was disgusting. The shower curtain had mould all around the bottom and we didnt fancy using the whirlpool bath. Goodness knows what diseases would have been lurking in there. So you dont always get what you pat for even if you pay a lot. It is certainly the worst cruise ship we have been on. Looking forward to sailing the brand new Azura in May.

Leave a comment:

• Cartner, Plymouth
    replied
    Island Escape -Case for the Defence

Thanks, Milly Doodles for your spirited defence of Island Escape. Having cruised with Fred Olsen, Brittany Ferries and Hurtigruten, we sailed the Med on Island Escape two years running and much was as you describe. However, we did have a 'beef' about the state of our cabin: it was roomy and clean enough, but the cabin steward - always helpful and willing - simply could not keep up with the periodic collapse of the interior furniture. On return we took this up with the company on the basis that their brochure had offered refurbished accommodation and in the event this clearly was not the case. We actually got a written apology and a promise to do better - we will see.

Leave a comment:

• Jocap, Cumbria
    replied
    Originally posted by johnboy3, Dunfermline View Post
    We were on Island Escape a few years ago, we did a Atlantic crossing, had a great time. I would like to quote you about the two ships, the Celebration and the Spirit, they weren't rebuilds they use to belong to Holland & America they were called Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam.The two ships you are talking about are called Costa Allegra & Costa Marina. Hope this is helpful, happy cruising.
    Yes, HAL bought 2 hulls of container ships which were built for Atlantic crossings, and added an engine, which is the reason for the vibration. The Captain on Celebration is proud that he has one of the toughest ships afloat, and one of the few built for rough seas.
    Jo.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy3, Dunfermline
    replied
    We were on Island Escape a few years ago, we did a Atlantic crossing, had a great time. I would like to quote you about the two ships, the Celebration and the Spirit, they weren't rebuilds they use to belong to Holland & America they were called Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam.The two ships you are talking about are called Costa Allegra & Costa Marina. Hope this is helpful, happy cruising.

Leave a comment:

• colette, fareham
    replied
    The Island Escape Action Group - Home where I believe you will see that pictures do paint thousands of words. To say 'that we are not all a nation of complainers!!!!!' is quite a generalisation - then how would you explain that the Xmas Carousal cruise has generated over 400 complaints - quite a conicidence that so many of the nation's cruise complainers were on one trip?

I rest my case with respect

Leave a comment:

• Patty, Wakefield
    replied
    Originally posted by Milly Doodles, Tadley, Hampshire View Post
    Thanks to all of you who have reassured me that we are not a nation of complainers!!!!! I really enjoyed our week on the Island Escape and would definitely book again regardless - lovely, friendly atmosphere that's harder to replicate on the larger more formal cruise lines. It was just what we needed!
    Everyone to their own Milly and thanks for the honest review. We are cruising the Canaries early May and therefore your comments on ports visited was most interesting. We usually do our own thing and go on one organized trip and it will be Tenerife as you say not much to do and no loos - that would be a nightmare.;). As long as their are taxis or shuttle buses at the other places, we are happy to do that.

We were on IE in 2006 - maybe the cabins are in need of a refurbishment but ours was fine at the time and can only agree with you that we were looked after well, food was good and the entertainment.
    Regards

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thanks to all of you who have reassured me that we are not a nation of complainers!!!!! I really enjoyed our week on the Island Escape and would definitely book again regardless - lovely, friendly atmosphere that's harder to replicate on the larger more formal cruise lines. It was just what we needed!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X