• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holland and America Westerdam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland and America Westerdam

Does anyone know anything about this ship,please?

There is a Far East trip,going from Singapore,calling at several places, including Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam and China, about 9 or 10 ports, finishing at Hong Kong. Flight to and from London.

Originally posted by Mariers2, Rushden View Post

There is a Far East trip,going from Singapore,calling at several places, including Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam and China, about 9 or 10 ports, finishing at Hong Kong. Flight to and from London.
    When?

Not sailed Westerdam but her sister Oosterdam. A Vista class ship with Teak wrap around deck. I like that ship class.

However one of the best features of that ship class is the Crow's Nest which HA are modifying. They are also messing with the Library which was found in that area. Librarians have gone too.

I don't know if the Westerdam has been updated or not.

JMO it would remove one of the best features of that class.

HA are not big on speciality restaurants.

A more traditional ship - she looks like a ship

What specifically would you like to know.

Annie

Comment

Holland America line
      Westerdam

Singapore to HK only the 16nights 17 Jan 2019 does China(unless you include longer B2B)

Comment

Looks a great cruise, Vietnam is on my bucket list and I live in hope. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariers2, Rushden View Post

If you go onto youtube and type in Holland America Westerdam they have some Videos the latest on I saw was 7 months old after the refit.
          You may find something on there about the the countries you are going to....Taffy
          ​Taffy

Comment

Thanks to each of you.
            Topdeck has the itinerary ports for the one we are researching. We will certainly have a look on youtube.

The downside,for us, is the included flights in the package are with BA,which is not a favourite, since our last trip with them was to Australia, and was horrible. It took lots of letters,and they finally gave us Avios as compensation. I will have to find out if we can use them to offset any extras ,should we decide to do the package.

I appreciate the replies you have given.

Comment

Allways worth talking to travel agent or direct with cruise line, there are often alternative airlines or grade of flights. we did and were pleasantly surprised.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X