• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topless Sun Deck on HAL's Maasdam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topless Sun Deck on HAL's Maasdam

Hi All

It is reported in the other place that HAL now has a designated public topless sunbathing space on deck 9 aft.

It is in full view of the occupants of the 2 aft-wrap cabins on deck 10.

The occupants of the impacted cabins claim it restricts the use of their deck space.

Would you be annoyed?

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 16th September 2018, 09:12 PM.

Very!

Take care, Helen

Comment

Absolutely - I would get a terrible pain in my ribs.

I would have a good look from my cabin and Mrs Malcolm would keep elbowing me in the ribs!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I don't see the problem. I found a thread on the topic and OP comes across as a real prude. I'm not sure what boobs ever did to him/her, but they seem very offended by them! 😆

If men can sunbathe topless, I don't see why women shouldn't be able to! It certainly wouldn't offend or upset me. In fact it wouldn't affect my experience in any way at all!
        Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Live and let live, some people seem to go out of the way to make sure they are offended by something.

John

Comment

If it is in a designated area I don't see a problem at all. If you are easily offended don't book those cabins, Im sure there are plenty more to choose from. I used to sunbathe topless when I was younger and we holidayed in the South Of France. I hate wearing wet swimwear and always change after a swim. Being topless solves half the problem. I have to sit in the shade now but when I used to enjoy sitting in the sun it was nice to get an even tan. Some people will complain about anything.

Comment

If people want to sunbathe topless, then so be it, as long as I don't have to, don't have a problem with it at all .................................................. .........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                If it is in a designated area I don't see a problem at all. If you are easily offended don't book those cabins, Im sure there are plenty more to choose from. I used to sunbathe topless when I was younger and we holidayed in the South Of France. I hate wearing wet swimwear and always change after a swim. Being topless solves half the problem. I have to sit in the shade now but when I used to enjoy sitting in the sun it was nice to get an even tan. Some people will complain about anything.
                To be fair, it was not a designated area when he booked the cabin??

Annie

Comment

It's an American thing gun's don't kill boobs do or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Interesting the OP on the CC thread is losing the argument.

Annie

Comment

It transpires the signs had been manufactured by person or persons unknown.

Further the persons using the deck space as a 'topless' space were crew members of the OH of crew members.

Annie

Comment

Live and let live, some people seem to go out of the way to make sure they are offended by something.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                          I've just finished reading an interview in last week's Times magazine, with actor Mark Wahlberg, where the poster for his new film shows him with an assault rifle. He mentions that "...you do think about the sensibilities of Europe or the UK, where sex and nudity are more acceptable than violence and (bad) language".
                          I'd not worry about seeing a pair of boobs, but seeing pictures of anybody with an assault rifle does offend me.
                          Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X