• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A promise to Grandchildren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A promise to Grandchildren

Whilst we are really gearing ourselves up for our first cruise in June 2014, our thoughts are turning towards August 2015. When both the grandchildren were born we had a private granddad/granddaughter chat. I promised both of them that one day we would take them to see Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom. 5 and 3 years on, we will be doing this in 2015. We are thinking about adding a Disney cruise on the end of the visit to Orlando. Will be a biggie holiday for all the immediate family (me, wife, son, daughter, two granddaughters), so we want to make it something really special. Anybody done this sort of itinerary. Would love to hear your views and experience. Ade

[QUOTE=merlin67, Plymouth;570465]Whilst we are really gearing ourselves up for our first cruise in June 2014, our thoughts are turning towards August 2015. When both the grandchildren were born we had a private granddad/granddaughter chat. I promised both of them that one day we would take them to see Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom. 5 and 3 years on, we will be doing this in 2015. We are thinking about adding a Disney cruise on the end of the visit to Orlando. Will be a biggie holiday for all the immediate family (me, wife, son, daughter, two granddaughters), so we want to make it something really special. Anybody done this sort of itinerary. Would love to hear your views and experience. Ade[/Q

Orlando is amazing and Disneyworld and the other theme parks are magical for little kids as well as the big kids too!! My daughter was 3 when we went she is now 14 and remembers it clearly. There are better experienced folk on the forum than me to give you advice on which ship to go for. However I just wanted to say what a lovely grandad you are!!

Comment

You are in a good position from Orlando to cruise from Port Canaveral, as Orlando is only a 45 minute drive away. This is a main port for Carnival and Royal Caribbean which are far cheaper options to Disney who also cruise from there.

I have not cruised with Disney, and probably never will, but most commentators say they are way over priced for what they are.

Carnival are well worth considering for kids, they promote them as 'Fun Ships'.

Just took a peek at August 2014, a 4 night Disney cruise out of Canaveral, cheapest cabin $925

A 4 night Carnival $299..............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Likewise,i have never been on a Disney cruise as they do seem to be pricey,However,having been to Florida 16 times,(at least) i think you will all love it.If it does not bring out the kid in you,nothing will! We are back there next September and so looking forward to it.I have to stop talking about it so much as OH is reminding me we have a cruise in June to do first! Jan.

Comment

Yes, am aware that it will be pricey, but I want to give the grandkids the "Disney" thing, that is more important. Although this is a big family holiday, the grandkids will be taking priority (a promise is a promise). Only at the planning stage for this one at the moment. Got our 30th wedding anniversary next year on Independance to think of first.

Comment

Hi Merlin67,If you are wanting to go the Disney route,it will be worth looking into stopping at a Disney resort. They do good packages for free dining,transport from park to park,its very convenient. Jan.

Comment

There is NO comparison between Disney and Carnival. Disney is first choice for children and RCCL Freedom of the Seas would come second from Port Canaveral. For a once in a lifetime treat for your grandchildren Disney is it, while they are still young enough to enjoy all the magic !

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
                There is NO comparison between Disney and Carnival. Disney is first choice for children and RCCL Freedom of the Seas would come second from Port Canaveral. For a once in a lifetime treat for your grandchildren Disney is it, while they are still young enough to enjoy all the magic !
                Totally agree with you, I have also spoken to adults that have taken a Disney Cruise and they have said it was amazing, private area for adults and great food

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X