• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CMV prepaid add on packages, new to me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMV prepaid add on packages, new to me.

Browsing the CMV site I stumbled on something I don't remember seeing before about the way you can pre pay some of the extras like grats and drinks.

CMV Additions Packages

Here is the table of benefits £29pppd for the VIP gets a lot inc. premium drinks.
    With every 7th free thats <£25pppn on a 7/14/21... cruise

Services charges and gratuities for the duration of your cruise
    Confirmed Seating in the restaurant*
    Priority cabin upgrade option (if available)
    Welcome Bottle Bon Voyage Wine (per cabin)
    Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package, including soft drinks all day long
    All inclusive bar drinks (except Premium Beverages)
    CMV selected house wines (white, rosé & red by the glass at bars and restaurants during meals)
    CMV Signature Wines (white, rosé & red by the glass at bars and restaurants during meals)
    50% discount on Premium Beverages from the bar
    30% discount on all the Premium Wine list
    Premium drinks from the bar list
    Whittard premium teas & Piazza d'oro coffee specialties
    1 bottle of water daily per person in your cabin
    25% discount on any Speciality Restaurant
    50% discount on any Speciality Restaurant
    Priority on Shore Excursion waiting list
    1 small bottle of water for your excursion
    Invitation to our exclusive VIP Party
    PLUS - Additional Great Savings N/A N/A Every 7th day free Every 7th day free
    *Subject to availability. First come best served basis.
    5 to 29 nights duration
    Per Day Price to book Pre-Cruise £6 £15 £23 £29
    Per Day Price to book Onboard £7 £17 £26 £32
    rather than go into detail of all the options this a cruise dot safe(no cruise pricing) link to the information page

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/on...tions-packages

Well spotted Topdeck, this is definitely new-ish.

I'm not a big drinker, so tell me people: is it good value compared to other lines?

'CMV Value' and 'CMV Plus' don't look like great deals to me? £15 a day for soft drinks!

And what on earth is "PLUS - Additional Great Savings"?
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 20th July 2018, 10:28 AM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Grats on CMV are £6/£7 a day so take that off the headline price for the drinks makes soft drinks £9pd

the great savings are one free day every 7 with the 2 drinks included options thats a 14.3% discount on top of the £3 per day discount of the on board price.

here is the current bar list with the prices and savings if you bought the package easy to work out if you can break even.
      https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/im...-P1_WHITE2.pdf
      and the wine list
      https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/im...st_generic.pdf

on a 7 day cruise with the drinks part of the package costing (6*£29 - 7*£6)/7 = £19pppd.

around 4-6 alcohol drinks with loads of other stuff included

I am in, even though the OH does not drink much the water and coffee/tea will eat up some of hers.

for those of us that have cruised CMV before we have a further saving.

Columbus Club Discounts of up to 10% - Diamond Members 10%, Platinum Members 7.5% and Gold Members 5%. These apply to the pre-cruise and onboard prices shown and are calculated after any applicable free night savings.
      EDIT:

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut 75 cl 30% discount on £59.00

one bottle a day and you have covered the package.
      Last edited by Topdeck, London; 20th July 2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I've just booked my first CMV cruise for 2020 and did spot this on the website. I didn't realise that it was new.
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We booked a cruise with them for October and prepaid gratuities. There is a slight saving if paid upfront - gratuities are £6pppd instead of £7pppd and you get a bottle of wine in your cabin on arrival with priority for upgrades, so worth doing! This was the value package. We were not bothered with the higher drinks packages, as we don't drink very much, so this would not be of value to us.
          Last edited by lucy, sutton; 20th July 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
            I've just booked my first CMV cruise for 2020 and did spot this on the website. I didn't realise that it was new.
            I think it has been out a while just not sure when the change happened.

I found a link from Dec to the old bar menu
            In Jan I found a reference to the old drinks package £17 and the premium package £22

The new menu is dated Feb 2018

I found reference that says the change was 1st March.

My conclusion it is not new but recent enough for people to have missed it.

What they have done which is quite clever packaging the standard grats/service with the addons might make you may think that's it, T%here is a report you might be able to remove the grats/service portion on board not seen any confirmation of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
              I think it has been out a while just not sure when the change happened.

I found a link from Dec to the old bar menu
              In Jan I found a reference to the old drinks package £17 and the premium package £22

The new menu is dated Feb 2018

I found reference that says the change was 1st March.

My conclusion it is not new but recent enough for people to have missed it.

What they have done which is quite clever packaging the standard grats/service with the addons might make you may think that's it, T%here is a report you might be able to remove the grats/service portion on board not seen any confirmation of that.
              I'll take another look nearer the cruise. From a quick look, the packages may be worth it.
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you