• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocean Village is returning to UK - CMV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are more details of the ship and the cruises to be found here;
    http://online.fliphtml5.com/ygsu/xfai/#p=1
    looks like they are keeping all the current dining options.Offering a 1 night taster as the first cruise too.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
      There are more details of the ship and the cruises to be found here;
      http://online.fliphtml5.com/ygsu/xfai/#p=1
      looks like they are keeping all the current dining options.Offering a 1 night taster as the first cruise too.
      Thanks for the info. I am off on my first CMV in a few weeks time for 8 nights, so I will be reporting back with blog and photos...........Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

This could bridge the gap between the current ships and something more appealing to the OH,

Tilbury is quite near us so handy for the shorter trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbaby, London View Post
          We went on Arcadia beginning of 1990's with two children/young teenagers and we all loved it. I thought it was the first Arcadia but am now confused as I did not know there has been 3 in total. Also Spud says it was adult only which I know the current one is but obviously not the one we were on. We did hear onboard that it was going to be changed to Ocean Village sometime later and my kids were very disappointed that they would not be able to cruise on her again. Can anyone confirm which one we were on?
          The Arcadia we were on was in 2002, it was an adults only cruise, but not an adults only ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbaby, London View Post
            We went on Arcadia beginning of 1990's with two children/young teenagers and we all loved it. I thought it was the first Arcadia but am now confused as I did not know there has been 3 in total. Also Spud says it was adult only which I know the current one is but obviously not the one we were on. We did hear onboard that it was going to be changed to Ocean Village sometime later and my kids were very disappointed that they would not be able to cruise on her again. Can anyone confirm which one we were on?
            Morning Waterbaby,

Here is a scanned photo of Arcadia which entered service in 1954. Built as a passenger service ship between the UK and Australia, but as aviation became more and more the long haul option, Arcadia became more and more a cruise ship until her demise.

Originally a two class ship, First and Tourist, in 1970 she became a one class cruise ship until she was scrapped in 1979.

I think we all remember our first cruise ship with a degree of rose tinted affection, I know I still do and I can still remember the public rooms and ballroom as a lad in 1958, whereas in later cruising years I have no recollection whatsoever of some of the ships I cruised on.

Wilba

Comment

Hi Wilba, My wife and I sailed sailed to England from Sydney in October 1967 on the Arcadia. We did the only trip P&O ever did via Rio De Janeiro. We were in Rio at the same time as the Queen Mary, which was on her last trip round the Horn to Long beach. We met on board, and are now returning to cruise on the Columbus in June next year. We sailed on Columbus in 2014 as the Pacific Pearl and loved it. she really is a nice comfy ship. I have a full album of onboard shots on my flikr page if anybody is interested.
              This will be our first cruise in Europe and we are really looking forward to it. We only farewelled the Pearl from Auckland a couple of weeks ago on it's last cruise for P&O Aust, to Singapore where it will be handed over to CMV. Mike

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X