• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Event Marco Polo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Bradbury.
    Sounds good,I'm always up for a good night out,,,Liverpool would be OK,Bristol a bit too far.
    Be interested in Wilba's comparison with our overnighter on FO in Liverpool.

The other problem for me is the drive home next morning,I would have to be tee total that night before.
    All that free booze and tee total....
    JC
    Hi JC CMV usually do overnighters in Liverpool on Magellan,October November time.
    We really enjoyed the food on Magellan.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post

Hi JC CMV usually do overnighters in Liverpool on Magellan,October November time.
      We really enjoyed the food on Magellan.
      Hi philhar
      I'll look out for that.
      JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi philhar
        I'll look out for that.
        JC
        JC, here is a list that Malcolm posted last year.

I'm glad I bookmarked it, as I made a late booking after dilly dallying over a pre Christmas 7 nighter.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...ernight-events
        Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool
          Hi Wilba
          Looked at the link and all this years cruises.
          Few on Magellan from Liverpool,,a couple of mini cruises would fit the bill.
          Belast to Liverpoll is one,,,,,Belfast has cheap flights from Liverpool.

A Dublin mini combined with a couple of nights in Dublin even better.

JC
          I think it was around the middle of the year before they posted the overnight events.

I will be keeping a lookout later in the year for what's on offer..............Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post

I think it was around the middle of the year before they posted the overnight events.

I will be keeping a lookout later in the year for what's on offer..............Wilba
            I just looked at the CMV site for overnight events but nothing was found.

Like you, I will keep a look out. Friends of ours rate Magellan so I wouldn't mind an overnighter on her.
            Jill

Comment

Thanks, we did the Titanic memorial cruise on MP and it was great cruise

The OH not so keen on the ship, every time I find a deal the response is not enthusiastic enough to book, I will get back on again one day.

Their other two main ships Magellan and Columbus, being ex "cruise" ships are more spacious in the cabins but don't have the character.

After some digging around, for those that may be interested I think I found some of the 2020 Overnight Events(there are still gaps in the schedule so there may be more)

Date and code(they are not live on the site yet)
              Columbus(Tilbury)
              31 Oct 2020 CEK3
              18 Dec 2020 CEL3
              19 Dec 2020 CEM3

Magellan(Tilbury)
              4 Dec 2020 GEAB3
              5 Dec 2020 GEAC3
              11 Dec 2020 GEAD3
              12 Dec 2020GEAE3

Marco Polo(Bristol)
              31 Oct 2020 MEX3(Newcastle)
              18 Dec 2020 MEY3
              19 Dec 2020 MEZ3

Some dates have what look like Solo pricing errors.

Also worth considering are the short(2n/3n) cruises but they don't come with so much included booze but could be done as a B2B with the overnight.
              Last edited by Topdeck, London; 15th January 2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I would love to do a one nighter and it would be a great Christmas present for my daughters, SIL’s and grandsons to experience ‘cruising’ but it would need to be a lot nearer home to make it feasible.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Something like that in Liverpool would be very tempting. I have to admit to suffering withdrawal symptoms regarding cruising with the miserable, grey weather we’ve had so far this winter. Raise your hand anyone who needs a sunshine break🖐.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                    Something like that in Liverpool would be very tempting. I have to admit to suffering withdrawal symptoms regarding cruising with the miserable, grey weather we’ve had so far this winter. Raise your hand anyone who needs a sunshine break🖐.

Take care, Helen
                    The start of Feb will bring 2 weeks of winter sun and warm weather golf in a very nice AI hotel.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

The start of Feb will bring 2 weeks of winter sun and warm weather golf in a very nice AI hotel.

John
                      Sounds great!

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Sounds great!

Take care, Helen
                        Thanks, nice/lucky to be able to do it

Comment

I have waved two sets of friends off today, both of whom I persuaded to try cruising. One pair flying to Buenos Aires then Celebrity with Falklands and Antarctica and the other two on Fred around the Caribbean .

I know which I would prefer ..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                            I have waved two sets of friends off today, both of whom I persuaded to try cruising. One pair flying to Buenos Aires then Celebrity with Falklands and Antarctica and the other two on Fred around the Caribbean .

I know which I would prefer ..Carol
                            So do I, except it wouldn't be with Celebrity!! QV, or Silver Explorer/ a Quark ship for a more in depth experience.

Comment

The overnight events are now live.
                              (same as the list I posted)

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/overnight-events

Some solos from £70

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                                The overnight events are now live.
                                (same as the list I posted)

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/overnight-events

Some solos from £70
                                Thanks TD, I'll be there on one of them.................Wilba
                                Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X