• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misleading mail from Cruise.co.uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misleading mail from Cruise.co.uk

Just received latest offers from Cruise.co.uk and some amazing reductions on fares from local ports: 25th May 2020 from Portsmouth was £1,859 now just £853, from Bristol 24th March 2020 was £2,129 now £930. Brilliant! Only problem is that it is fantasy. The lowest price shown on the website for the 25th May cruise is £998 and was £1,029 - you save £31 Big Deal! Could not find the cruise from Bristol in 'Search'. Why do they do it? Unlikely to book anything with an agent sending me such misleading offers.
    Last edited by allie, Isle of Wight; 27th November 2019, 01:12 PM.
    I used to travel in a campervan until I discovered cruising
    sigpic

www.campervantraveller.weebly.com

the "was" price will be the old "brochure price" that never really existed.

the current CD price will be the small discount from the current cruise line price

Bristol March 24th is probably Marco Polo CMV have Twin Inner from: £2129pp £1069pp

what ship was going from Portsmouth 24th March?

or did you mean 25th May?
    MArco polo Twin Inner from: £1859pp £1029pp*
    Last edited by Topdeck, London; 27th November 2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Yes, apologies the first cruise was 25th May - now amended - from Portsmouth, it is ‘Marco Polo’. It is shown as “Now £853” “Was £1,859”. The website actually show inside cabins from £998pp that were £1,029. Was this cruise ever offered for sale at £1,859? If not, it does not comply with the Advertising Codes regulated by the ASA.
      I used to travel in a campervan until I discovered cruising
      sigpic

www.campervantraveller.weebly.com

Comment

Check what CMV were selling it at when it was first put on the site.

Comment

With “Was” and “Now” prices going up and down faster than DFS or Curry’s best to ignore them completely and decide purely on the current price available when you are ready to book.

Comment

Originally posted by allie, Isle of Wight View Post
            Yes, apologies the first cruise was 25th May - now amended - from Portsmouth, it is ‘Marco Polo’. It is shown as “Now £853” “Was £1,859”. The website actually show inside cabins from £998pp that were £1,029. Was this cruise ever offered for sale at £1,859? If not, it does not comply with the Advertising Codes regulated by the ASA.

Picking up on this point, I don't know the rules for advertising holidays sales and have not researched but I have had a look at CMV pricing

Every cruise has a promotion of one sort or another(they go up to May 2021).

save upto XX%
            or
            BOGOF

Looking at a current and future price for a similar cruise.
            the pricing is different for the two types of sale

Christmas and New Year Canaries & Madeira Cruise

21 Dec 2019 Columbus 16n : Twin Inner from: full fare £2799pp : saver fare £1539pp (save upto 45%)
            20 Dec 2020 Columbus 17n : Twin Inner from: pax1 £2909pp :pax2 FREE (£1454pp Buy one get one free)

No idea if that 2020 cruise was ever sold without a promotion at the full fare..

what is more telling are the solo prices for the 2 cruises.and the way they price on a save upto and BOGOF
            21 Dec 2019 Columbus 16n : Superior Single Inner (Previously 3S) full fare £4129 saver fare £2269
            20 Dec 2020 Columbus 17n : Superior Single Inner (Previously 3S) pax 1 £2199 pax 2 N/A

When they drop the BOGOF and go to save up to wonder what will happen to the solo price.
            one to watch as it looks to me they have priced it around 50% off to match the BOGOF for 2pax.

Comment

Rechecking for any bargains the BOGOF offer has now gone and no %off added so cruises are sitting at full price till the next promo starts.
              (which answers the question are they ever at full price, can't say all but a lot are.)

The example above 20 Dec 2020 is now at the full price, as expected the Solo has gone up now £4389 roughly double the BOGOF price

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X