• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pullmantur ????your thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alandrover, beccles
    started a topic Pullmantur ????your thoughts

Pullmantur ????your thoughts

While searching for autumn holidays, I came across a? good deal [ still to be investigated properly] for solos on Pullmantur from Barcelona in October.
    Anyone been on this line and if so what are your thoughts? I'm aware it's a Spanish line, catering mainly for the Spanish market but any other info would be useful. Will post deal if it turns out to be a "goer"
    TIA

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I have looked at these a few times for the transatlantic but flight usually cause an issue unless combining with other options.

They are silly cheap AI and reports from the CC people I know personally that have done them they are more than happy enough with the value.

As has been pointed out the target market is Spanish which will reflect in the passenger mix and on boards facilities.

The pricing for these varies a lot by where you book, the UK prices always more than elsewhere.

Seems to be available through many UK places, but Fred.\ holidays claim to be the current partner.

The ships are the older handmedowns from RCCL so are smaller ships that many prefer.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Alan
    Its a long time ago but i sailed Pullmantur in 2008,i enjoyed it,but my OH didn't.That was on the Ocean Dream.
    We were the only Brits on board ,although it picked up in Malta and a few English speakers boarded.

All the entertainment was catered to the Spanish,they love their game shows,puppetry and mime.
    The main entertainment was in the bar where a Mariachi band was resident,i loved it,and the Spanish don't need an excuse or drink to have a dance,there was a great atmosphere.

It was A/I and there was certainly no nickle and diming,,,all top brands and free pour.

The food was the usual cruise ship fare leaning towards Mediterranean,which i also love,certainly no chips.

All the crew were the usual nationalities,so all spoke English.

Don't know if its the same but that time you could only book in the UK with one cruise TA,Jetline Cruises,,if you rang Pullmantur the even directed you to them as they were the UK agent.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• PeterM, Southwell
    replied
    Same here. Thanks for the info about Japan by the way. Very helpful. Tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me. Kept getting an error message!
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    True. That is why I will cruise less and allocate my budget to long haul cruising with short land based trips as a filler.

1st world problem

Annie

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by spanish lady, torrevieja View Post
    We do at least one pulmantour cruise a year , very cheap from Spain and all inclusive .
    this October the are ten of us travelling from Barcelona , perhaps the same cruise as Alan.
    they are always good value , food very good , entertainment a bit continental , but we always enjoy ourselves .
    i love any of the med stops.
    Thanks for sharing.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• spanish lady, torrevieja
    replied
    We do at least one pulmantour cruise a year , very cheap from Spain and all inclusive .
    this October the are ten of us travelling from Barcelona , perhaps the same cruise as Alan.
    they are always good value , food very good , entertainment a bit continental , but we always enjoy ourselves .
    i love any of the med stops.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
    Yes, I guess we do. I’m having difficulty finding any cruise within my budget that has an interesting itinerary. Plenty that appeal if funds are not a consideration.
    True. That is why I will cruise less and allocate my budget to long haul cruising with short land based trips as a filler.

1st world problem

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Blondie, Oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Hi Jan

We probably have the same email

They are still part of RCI.

Annie
    Yes, I guess we do. I’m having difficulty finding any cruise within my budget that has an interesting itinerary. Plenty that appeal if funds are not a consideration.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
    I was also about to suggest checking the CC reviews. The email I had with Solo prices seemed to indicate Pullmantur Cruises are All Inclusive. I could have been looking at special offers. The itineraries seem far from exciting. Is Pullmantur still part of RCI, or did they sell out?
    Hi Jan

We probably have the same email

They are still part of RCI.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Blondie, Oxford
    replied
    I was also about to suggest checking the CC reviews. The email I had with Solo prices seemed to indicate Pullmantur Cruises are All Inclusive. I could have been looking at special offers. The itineraries seem far from exciting. Is Pullmantur still part of RCI, or did they sell out?

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    I think the opinion of a friend who sailed Pullmantur was that you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by alandrover, beccles View Post
    While searching for autumn holidays, I came across a? good deal [ still to be investigated properly] for solos on Pullmantur from Barcelona in October.
    Anyone been on this line and if so what are your thoughts? I'm aware it's a Spanish line, catering mainly for the Spanish market but any other info would be useful. Will post deal if it turns out to be a "goer"
    TIA
    Check the cc reviews.

I did meet an expat couple in Malta who sailed Pullmantur and nickled and dimed was their comment.

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X