• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Shoes Allowed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakTar, Lytham View Post
    Hello,
    I don't know what 'bumping' is. I only ever post an item once, and then leave it.
    Maybe amending links caused it to be 'bumped' (whatever that is).
    Regards
    JT
    The beloved bump. Bumps are used as a term or method of reviving a thread that is either forgotten, old and left unnoticed, or unpopular, etc.

Not sure if yours falls into any of the above..

Regards
    Garfield

Comment

Hello,
      I don't know what 'bumping' is. I only ever post an item once, and then leave it.
      Maybe amending links caused it to be 'bumped' (whatever that is).
      Regards
      JT
      You didn't amend the above thread. Amend means altering something already in existence. You posted a new comment with new links to your [rather] old reviews. In doing so, you 'bumped' [nudged] this thread back into life.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        The beloved bump. Bumps are used as a term or method of reviving a thread that is either forgotten, old and left unnoticed, or unpopular, etc.

Not sure if yours falls into any of the above..

Regards
        Garfield
        Hello Garfield,

Probably all three. I'll have to be more careful in future about accidentally reviving a dead thread.

Regards
        JT

Comment

Hello Garfield,

Probably all three. I'll have to be more careful in future about accidentally reviving a dead thread.

Regards
          JT
          Threads are only 'dead' when locked by Admin.

Feel free to bump any thread you wish but when you bump your own thread containing a review which is by now a couple of years out of date with a post containing links to other out of date reviews of yours, be prepared to be asked 'why' which is what I did.

Comment

And also be prepared for "feedback" if any information that is out of date on those reviews impacts on the cruise experience of someone who didn't realise how old those reviews are.

Looks at Topdeck...

Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Who cares? I like to re read them and of course there are other members on here who never have, and as for bumping all double dutch to me as long as there it something to read regarding cruising I will read it.CG
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                Who cares? I like to re read them and of course there are other members on here who never have, and as for bumping all double dutch to me as long as there it something to read regarding cruising I will read it.CG

Who cares? I care. Each to their own but bringing a thread which has out of date information back into the forum's headlights [bumping] for no apparent reason and confusing at least one very active member who I imagine considers himself extremely savvy, who thought it current has never been high on my agenda.

Comment

Others are not so disapproving and can make their own minds up, [the dates are on the top] people are not daft in fact cruising devotees are very savvy if they had already read it they would pass on, but as I said there are newer members here and they would like to read it, old or otherwise I am sure they can figure it out the relevant info if they were interested.

Who are we to disapprove? at least I and I suspect a few members did reread them . CG
                  Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 21st May 2016, 09:13 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                    Others are not so disapproving and can make their own minds up, [the dates are on the top] people are not daft in fact cruising devotees are very savvy if they had already read it they would pass on, but as I said there are newer members here and they would like to read it, old or otherwise I am sure they can figure it out the relevant info if they were interested.

Who are we to disapprove? at least I and I suspect a few members did reread them . CG
                    Oh you'd be amazed at how 'unsavvy' many people are CG.

The dates are indeed at the top. I saw it immediately. At least one person didn't!

As for relevant info of course most people would be able to sift through. That still doesn't alter the fact the info is out of date, brought to the fore again for no apparent reason and if we all did that, the forum would be awash with out of date information...which was one of the points I tried to make. You are happy with that, and that's fine by me. Each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London
                      Quite ironic you are doing more to keep this thread alive than anyone else.

I never look at dates on posts/threads initially on all sites I use.

I will be deleting this to de-bump.

Irony?

Topdeck, the irony is, you set the ball rolling by jumping on my post which was a genuine enquiry, with a spot of unnecessary sarcasm, found out I was genuine and you hadn't read the initial post properly, upon which you deleted your posts!

Never mind, you now know it's a good idea to read all forum posts before jumping in with both feet. Not nice of me I know as I'm usually rather pleasant and don't believe in unpleasantness but I'm fed up now.

And that is me finished. Probably.

Edit

Aplogies to all for being unpleasant. I'm not normally. Persistant yes, but not unpleasant. Honest.
                      Edit again
                      Added a name as I look like a plonker responding to 'no-one'.
                      Last edited by Mrs M; 21st May 2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X