• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Pippa, Kernow;488947] 'Columbus 2' for example, reminded me of P&O's 'Adonia' when I saw her earlier this year, so at the time I wondered if they had been built by the same shipyard. That's all.

Thats because they were. Both Adonia and Columbus 2 were built as a part of a set of 8 identical cruise ships for Renaissance Cruises who went bankrupt in the period following 9/11. Other examples are in service for Princess, Oceania and Azamara. They were all built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique at St. Nazaire in France, birth place of the QM2.

Comment

Well we have certainly established that the budget end of the cruising market is also seasonal.

I guess their crews have longer leaves than others as well.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X