• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it does all sound very civilised.....we would prefer the train, even with several changes, so would have to ring and work things out.
    I suppose the other way would be train as far as Oxford, to see relatives, then car the next day.
    Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
      Is there any restriction on the free home travel?- I see you're also from Cumbria. I thought that the travel had various bands of distance.....do you make your own way, or is there travel for such as us?
      Sorry for delay in reply, we live outside SAGAs 250 miles free transport, but you can pay for the transport, they charge by the mile over and above the 250 miles, our next cruises from Southampton will cost us £110 for the two of us for the transport for both of us, to pick us up and return us home.
      I think this is still cheap, car parking at Southampton the last time we took the car was £140 for 2 weeks (one of our cruises if for 24 nights so would be in the region of £250) plus fuel money and the hassle etc, Saga have waited for their passengers previously when a number were delayed due to accident on the motorway.

Comment

[QUOTE=Motley Crew, Kendal 'ish';513932]Sorry for delay in reply, we live outside SAGAs 250 miles free transport, but you can pay for the transport, they charge by the mile over and above the 250 miles, our next cruises from Southampton will cost us £110 for the two of us for the transport for both of us, to pick us up and return us home.
        I think this is still cheap, car parking at Southampton the last time we took the car was £140 for 2 weeks (one of our cruises if for 24 nights so would be in the region of £250) plus fuel money and the hassle
        Hiya Motley,
        We were joining ship in Aukland, could we put our cases on before they sailed? Yes, they said, they collected our excess (4 large suitcases) before the ship sailed a month earlier and when we arrived on ship, there were our cases in the cabin. Super service. We could have delivered them to the ship, no charge, but opted for their collection for a fee, no hassle for us, and a super last two thirds of a world cruise with enough kit for the next two and a half months. Oh joy.
        Ta ra,
        Alan

Comment

[QUOTE=gardeners, bracknell;513949]
          Originally posted by Motley Crew, Kendal 'ish' View Post
          Sorry for delay in reply, we live outside SAGAs 250 miles free transport, but you can pay for the transport, they charge by the mile over and above the 250 miles, our next cruises from Southampton will cost us £110 for the two of us for the transport for both of us, to pick us up and return us home.
          I think this is still cheap, car parking at Southampton the last time we took the car was £140 for 2 weeks (one of our cruises if for 24 nights so would be in the region of £250) plus fuel money and the hassle
          Hiya Motley,
          We were joining ship in Aukland, could we put our cases on before they sailed? Yes, they said, they collected our excess (4 large suitcases) before the ship sailed a month earlier and when we arrived on ship, there were our cases in the cabin. Super service. We could have delivered them to the ship, no charge, but opted for their collection for a fee, no hassle for us, and a super last two thirds of a world cruise with enough kit for the next two and a half months. Oh joy.
          Ta ra,
          Alan
          Fully agree with you Alan.

We did a 14 night Round Britain with saga and their service levels were outstanding.

Not quite our cruising ethos but very enjoyable all the same.

Apart from the food and service, we revelled in the space on the dance floor after the evening show.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X