• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swan Hellenic Minerva ship visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilba, I was just teasing, really. But it is actually rather like that on Minerva. There is a passenger list issued, in order of status, with Lords and Ladies temporal and spiritual at the top, down to hoi polloi at the bottom.That is where my husband and I can be found. But we all get along.The fact is, I have been stuck at home with a broken ankle since last August and missed our Autumn cruise and future trips are in doubt and now it is snowing ; and I am a bit lonely and I would like to contibute to The Forum, but have little to say. I have enjoyed others' contibutions, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Embarco, Oadby View Post
      Wilba, I was just teasing, really. But it is actually rather like that on Minerva. There is a passenger list issued, in order of status, with Lords and Ladies temporal and spiritual at the top, down to hoi polloi at the bottom.That is where my husband and I can be found. But we all get along.The fact is, I have been stuck at home with a broken ankle since last August and missed our Autumn cruise and future trips are in doubt and now it is snowing ; and I am a bit lonely and I would like to contibute to The Forum, but have little to say. I have enjoyed others' contibutions, though.
      Two things, if that's the level of chat on Minerva and the fact a passenger list is actually published, never mind any archaic hierarchy, that's one ship I'll be missing out.
      DO join in. Look at the useful info you've just given.

Broken ankle? You have my sympathies. I had a bad break in my foot last year and my leg was in a cast for over three months. I found the forum a very useful tool to avoid hours of boredom when I was 'chained' to the sofa and not allowed to weight bear. We had to cancel a holiday too but luckily, our insurance paid out for everything.

Chin up and join in.

Mrs Mx

Comment

Thank you for your sympathy and encouragement. I was pleasantly suprised how quickly our insurance paid out, one does read of cases where the company tries to wriggle out of paying. To get back to the thread, there are a lot of very interesting conversations on Minerva . Swan Hellenic attracts passengers from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand,South Africa and others. Most are extremely well read on the sites to be visited.. Many are distinguished by achievement rather than birth. You can opt out of the passenger list if you wish. But there are some formal aspects to shipboard life, for example a jacket and tie is required in the MDR every evening unless the headmaster (oops I meant Captain) "declares shirt order". There are 2 black tie evenings. The lectures are the main form of entertainment in the evening, but bar prices are reasonable so people do gather for a drink and chat.A slightly less formal version of this type of cruise is "Voyages to Antiquity".
        There are many types of cruise, cruise ships and cruisers, and the key is choosing the right one, so I hope this information is helpful.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X