• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Swan Hellenic is a no go for me then

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Swan Hellenic is a no go for me then

Lord Sterling expresses concern that his cruise passengers might have to mix with "smelly", "shirtless" lorry drivers...

Lord Sterling told reporters: "We want to create a certain atmosphere, a five-star setting, as soon as people arrive to travel. I am concerned our customers, who are expecting that, will instead be asked to mix with lorry drivers, who in the summer suffer from BO, wear shorts and no shirt and in some cases won't have shaved for days.

Ok - I know he was talking about the Portsmouth Terminal but I did think for a moment that he meant the passengers.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    T Pratchett.

Originally posted by Santa, Redditch View Post
    ..will instead be asked to mix with lorry drivers, who in the summer suffer from BO, wear shorts and no shirt and in some cases won't have shaved for days...
    I don't think that was exactly what he said!;)
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Probably not.... The quote was from the Daily Telegraph.
      The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
      T Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa, Redditch View Post
        Lord Sterling expresses concern that his cruise passengers might have to mix with "smelly", "shirtless" lorry drivers...

Lord Sterling told reporters: "We want to create a certain atmosphere, a five-star setting, as soon as people arrive to travel. I am concerned our customers, who are expecting that, will instead be asked to mix with lorry drivers, who in the summer suffer from BO, wear shorts and no shirt and in some cases won't have shaved for days.

Ok - I know he was talking about the Portsmouth Terminal but I did think for a moment that he meant the passengers.

Well then it will be like home in ASDA on a hot summer day

Comment

Originally posted by coolcruiser, Wakefield View Post
          Well then it will be like home in ASDA on a hot summer day
          Good reason to go to Waitrose then
          T Pratchett.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X