• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

glad i'm not on swan hellenic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad i'm not on swan hellenic

swan hellenic have said they don't want lorry drivers mixing with their passengers at portsmouth docks !
    as a lorry driver i assume i would be confined to my cabin the cheek of thier director.

Likewise: When I travel on a ferry I don't want Swan Hellenic
    passengers getting in my way!;)
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by pliskin2003, poole View Post
      swan hellenic have said they don't want lorry drivers mixing with their passengers at portsmouth docks !
      as a lorry driver i assume i would be confined to my cabin the cheek of thier director.
      And what started that request. What do you do if a Lorry driver is a passenger on vacation, place then under arrest.

Small ship cruising with a country house style aboard the original Minerva cruise ship

We have a ship that has a mix of whomever on the boat that goes to the USA , about a 5 hour trip and has all manner of trucks / cars.

Sorry, I'm not understanding this scenario
      sigpicRob
      Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob, Victoria , Canada View Post
        And what started that request. What do you do if a Lorry driver is a passenger on vacation, place then under arrest.

Small ship cruising with a country house style aboard the original Minerva cruise ship

We have a ship that has a mix of whomever on the boat that goes to the USA , about a 5 hour trip and has all manner of trucks / cars.

Sorry, I'm not understanding this scenario
        Hi Rob,

You need to read this thread first!

http://www.cruises.co.uk/507-general...tml#post148038

Regards, Lizzie.
        Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
          Hi Rob,
          You need to read this thread first!

http://www.cruises.co.uk/507-general...tml#post148038

Regards, Lizzie.
          Thank you Lizzie,
          Aside from the CEO probably misquoted what I seem to get out of it is the ship embarks at cruise startpoints with a mix of passengers.
          It seems right to seperate as to cruise passengers this area and walkons this area from passport, lugguge handling for cabins, cruise photos, credit card and boarding documents checking.
          Once onboard, then most venues would be open.

A mixed ship but only as the cruise starts I gather..
          sigpicRob
          Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob, Victoria , Canada View Post
            Thank you Lizzie,
            Aside from the CEO probably misquoted what I seem to get out of it is the ship embarks at cruise startpoints with a mix of passengers.
            It seems right to seperate as to cruise passengers this area and walkons this area from passport, lugguge handling for cabins, cruise photos, credit card and boarding documents checking.
            Once onboard, then most venues would be open.

A mixed ship but only as the cruise starts I gather..
            Hi Rob,

Not quite! The issue is that the Terminal at present is used by Ferry passengers & now that it is also to be used by cruise passengers, the CEO wants segregation! So his cruise passengers do not have to be in the same Terminal as ferry passengers!

Regards, Lizzie.
            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Portsmouth

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
              Hi Rob,

Not quite! The issue is that the Terminal at present is used by Ferry passengers & now that it is also to be used by cruise passengers, the CEO wants segregation! So his cruise passengers do not have to be in the same Terminal as ferry passengers!

Regards, Lizzie.
              I have delivered to the saga rose at portsmouth about 6 months ago and we were waiting by the ship to unload and the cruise passengers were also nearby embarking whilst we didn't mix they were close by.
              also lorries for embarkation for the ferry were not far away not at all like southampton,saving money no doubt and now he has found out cheap is not always best ( but i hope thompsons is )

ps we dont all have BO !

Comment

I have delivered to the saga rose at portsmouth about 6 months ago and we were waiting by the ship to unload and the cruise passengers were also nearby embarking whilst we didn't mix they were close by.
                also lorries for embarkation for the ferry were not far away not at all like southampton,saving money no doubt and now he has found out cheap is not always best ( but i hope thompsons is )

ps we dont all have BO !
                I am sure you don't have, the comment by the CEO was crass, as I said on the other thread!

Regards, Lizzie ( Just down the road or across the Bay from you!)
                Lizzie sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure why a new thread on this subject was deemed necessary but as I said on the original thread:-

"I think that Sterling is quite right. There should be separate facilities for cruise passengers. Embarkation is all part of the cruising experience and the ambiance of the embarkation process should reflect the occasion."

H

Comment

our last cruise we boarded at dover,and guess what we had to mix with allsorts,can you believe it,even had to stand near truck drivers when buying something at shop on dover docks,still we were ok,didnt catch anything,this message is tongue in cheek,please no nasty messages

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X