• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Cloud Transatlantic - My experiences now published

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Cloud Transatlantic - My experiences now published

Hi folks .... good to be back in the UK after my 17 days at sea on my first Transatlantic trip from Fort Lauderdale to Monte Carlo onboard the Silver Cloud in the Silversea fleet. Weather was very rough at times as we went via Bermuda which took us into the Northern Atlantic rather than the calmer southern route but hey I survived and the whole experience was amazing.

If you'd like to read my report it is located here http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie..._review_34443/

Regards

Trevor

Last edited by trevor432990, East Sussex; 20th April 2012, 08:44 PM.

Just read it Trevor. Welcome back
    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Thanks Carol anything exciting happened in the forum whilst I was away?

Comment

Glad to see you had a good time. Suprised about the bathroom !

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive review Trevor, it was a really good read. Pleased to note your comments about solo travellers, were there many single ladies on board Silver Cloud? I shall be looking out for an offer on Silverseas after my next cruise on Azamara. - Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
            Thanks for the comprehensive review Trevor, it was a really good read. Pleased to note your comments about solo travellers, were there many single ladies on board Silver Cloud? I shall be looking out for an offer on Silverseas after my next cruise on Azamara. - Jan
            Hi Blondie ... Glad you liked the review. There were about 33 solos onboard and so they had a special party for us and I think it was about 60% ladies I'd guess. They do even have some 5% single supplement deals coming along so things are looking up.

Comment

60% Ladies, well thats food for thought.

Comment

Just read your review. I found it interesting and informative as Silversea is on our list of cruiselines to try. My only concern would be the amount of smoking allowed on board as you mention it seems to be fairly extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                  Just read your review. I found it interesting and informative as Silversea is on our list of cruiselines to try. My only concern would be the amount of smoking allowed on board as you mention it seems to be fairly extensive.
                  To be honest there weren't many people smoking and I cannot recall ever being seriously bothered by it so don't let that put you off.

Comment

Hi Trevor, I really enjoyed the comprehensive review. Thank you, Val

Comment

Thanks. great to get view of a new(to us) ship/line
                      We loved out TA on Azamara and would consider other more upmarket from the mainstream.

How does pricing compare(recognizing the inclusive nature), we love to do at least 1 TA a year if possible.

Comment

Thank you Val glad you liked my review I try to pack as much useful info in as possible.

Topdeck I paid £4000 for the 17 nights cruise + 1 night hotel accom + economy flights each end. May sound a bit expensive but I was a solo traveller so this included a small supplement and there is a $500 on-board credit included (for excursions, gifts, speciality dining, etc.). Not sure how that compares with Azamara ?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                          Thank you Val glad you liked my review I try to pack as much useful info in as possible.

Topdeck I paid £4000 for the 17 nights cruise + 1 night hotel accom + economy flights each end. May sound a bit expensive but I was a solo traveller so this included a small supplement and there is a $500 on-board credit included (for excursions, gifts, speciality dining, etc.). Not sure how that compares with Azamara ?
                          Our 13n April 2011 was £720ish for similar package but that was a super special deal( I think they messed up the free flight deal by including the TA and not adjusting the prices and it was based on an OV), this year the prices were over £1k for a shorter trip.
                          pricing Azamara is not so easy the UK on-line pricing is broken also some trips have flights included some not or at fixed addon.

Looks like this might still be a premium too far unless there there is a deal somewhere

Flight to the US make it tricky to get deals on TA's these days.

IT is suprising how competative some of the premium lines get when you compare the extras thrown in.

thanks.

Comment

Comprehensive report, especially as we are planning to go on Cloud when she goes westbound TA in November. Some friends were on your cruise and haven't spoken to them yet! We've done 4 Silversea cruises and on each one have been disappointed with the food in the Terrazza so it was interesting that you also weren't impressed. From what you say it seems her refit later this year can't come soon enough - so won't expect all to be shipshape (excuse the pun) if we do take the cruise.

Comment

Thanks for the review which was very interesting. Looks a lovely ship.

We left Miami mid March on Marina & crossed the Atlantic via Bermuda too. Was fairly windy at first but then it gradually calmed as we headed for Madeira. Swimming in the pool was great fun though. I wondered whether I'd still have my front teeth by the end of the cruise. Thankfully I did.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X