• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deck levels & Midship which is better on the smaller silversea ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck levels & Midship which is better on the smaller silversea ships

We went on 1st ever cruise last year, Transatlantic on Silver Cloud, people said we were starting off with the best & they were so right so be warned! We booked another whilst onboard, anyway being our 1st time we had Midship as we read they were better & we were on deck 7, we've booked same cabin for this year as Clouds in for a total refurb October and we'll be 1st on it, although someone said as ships are small you never have to walk too far i liked the fact we were midship as struggling in high heels the length of the ship would not have been easy, or back to cabin after quite a few drinks! At a cost of £350 it was worth it & heels or no heels everything was close. When we paid for the cruise we just booked deck 7, does anyone know if you pay extra we were offered 6 but i never thought about asking, although i'm glad i chose 7, the reason being it was an easy stroll to the Terraza restauraunt where we generally dined, apart from this is there any benefit of being on a higher deck? I assume that being on a smaller ship which suite & deck to choose is different than on the larger ie; the new Silver Spirit
    Last edited by Debbie, Sutton Coldfield; 5th February 2012, 02:16 PM.

crumbs, i'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise but please check your grammar,as i can't work out what you are now asking?

Comment

On small ships I don't worry about how close I am to facilities as there is never a long walk and plenty of elevators - though we always use stairs for extra exercise. On Silversea we've been on decks 4 5 6 and 7 dependent on the fare/deal that we are paying for, though we always choose a balcony we never have thought that one deck is better than another. Most have been towards the bow and this has never been a problem as regards sea conditions.
      Last edited by Clowi, Oxfordshire; 4th February 2012, 10:14 PM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Clowi, thank you for your reply it was interesting that you have stayed on all decks, as we are new to cruising i was unsure if there was much difference between them.

Liauq, perhaps i should apologise if my grammer was incorrect but i won't but i will say bestter was meant to be better,and i really don't care if my grammar is incorrect now, i'm not at school. I thought the forum was about answers not having your grammar checked and commented on, if many people are like you then i shall remove myself from this site which would be a shame. I actually wanted to know if you paid more for a higher deck and did being on a higher deck make any difference plus did paying the £350 extra for Midship have any benefit, i rather like being slightly closer (and not really because of heels and drink) but i was led to believe that Midship is better for some reason.
        Collins English Dictionary does not acknowledge the word crumbs but just incase you didn't know a crumb is a small fragment of bread or other dry food, hope you have a nice day it's most sad that all you have to do with your life is to comment on peoples grammer!!!!!
        Last edited by Debbie, Sutton Coldfield; 5th February 2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Debbie ... the reason Midship is thought to be better is due to the movement of the ship in rough seas and the fact that midship is normally the least affected by movement. In larger ships this would be less noticeable but on a ship the size of the Silver Cloud there may have been a slight advantage but not sure I'd have paid £350 for it but then again I'm a seasoned cruiser and have never been seasick (touch wood). I'm going on the Silver Cloud in April in a suite up front so I'll report back my experience after the trip.

Don't get upset by the odd remarks members occassionally say I've had a few myself but water off a ducks back to me.

Comment

Thank you Trevor, i appreciate your reply. Unfortunatly I did suffer as we left Lisbon but was fine for the rest of the cruise after i was given some of the tablets that they supply and hopefully this year i will be fine without them.
            I hope you have a great time in April and i look forward to reading your comments, being new to cruising i would appreciate any tips you may have as from now on my husband and i will be booking one every year and as now I (hopefully) have my sea legs it will be interesting to know whether it would be a waste for us to pay the extra £350 next year.
            I must confess i meant better not best when i was correcting myself on my previous post so i've edited it, one day i'll get the hang of this and read my comments before i post them, especially when i'm correcting myself!! Thank you for your kind comment.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X