• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seabourn luxury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seabourn luxury

Seabourn is understated luxury. We have tried basic inside cabins, P&O and up through all grades NCL, Cunard, to penthouse QE2. NCL courtyard suites and Owners suites take some beating on size, and the courtyard is quite pleasant. ( all tried on 2 or 3 nighters)

Again QE2 was a short break and for a very special occasion and the service was exemplary.

Seabourn however is my dream of luxury, dine when and where we like. they seem to know when you require service. Hosted tables can be opted out of, again no fuss, and the staff almost become friends, or that is the way it feels. Simply a cruise to relax in lovely surroundings and do things at your own pace.

Price wise it compares favourably with a luxury suite on any other cruise line when tips and drinks are considered and no we are not heavy drinkers at all, our in cabin drinks were hardly touched.

If anyone is thinking of trying it, they do a referral scheme where you can be reffered by a past passenger and have a coupon for $400 onboard spend, useful for the spa or trips.

I would recommend seabourn anytime... unless you want glitz and broadway shows the entertainmant is very low key. But all in all a great cruise line.
    (http://www.cruises.co.uk/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=19240)

Seabourn, huh?

Seabourn Legend at Barbados.

Seabourn Odyssey

Seabourn Pride
    Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Thank you for this post. We are considering Seabourne for our next cruise. I particularly like their clean pricing policy in which the price of the cruise allows for a fair wage to staff, and not as an added extra in the form of gratuities.

Comment

It's no economic secret..

Originally posted by Cruisecurious, Manchester View Post
        We are considering Seabourne for our next cruise.
        I particularly like their clean pricing policy
        in which the price of the cruise allows for a fair wage to staff,
        and not as an added extra in the form of gratuities.
        You will have simply paid for everything up front!

Comment

Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
          If you want to see what there like inside http://www.shipparade.com/az/mainmenu-S.htm just click on the ships,,I think Royal Princess look better inside but again more people

Comment

Therefore no expensive bar bills or additions for gratuities that you had forgotten about. And at least you know the total cost before you go.

Comment

Originally posted by LN50, LN50 View Post
              Therefore no expensive bar bills or additions for gratuities that you had forgotten about.
              And at least you know the total cost before you go.
              That's right. No fooling around.
              No hidden costs. No extras...unless she buys something in the shops.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn&Neil, Bury, Lancs View Post
                  If you do not buy anything in the shop or use their trips,
                  then your bill at the end of the cruise will be ZERO,
                  even if you have had Champagne and Caviar 24/7.
                  When we had lunch on board (and The Tour)
                  of Regent Seven Seas Voyager, on Sunday 13th

we were told that even their shore trips are "free"
                  -now that's All Inclusive!

Comment

Cruise Control

Okay, Seabourn may be known for luxury cruising, but I've seen 'Speed 2: Cruise Control' and not only does the Seabourn Legend look like any Fred Olsen ship on the inside, I was not impressed by the over-familiar steward or the ease in which the ship can be hijacked by one lunatic with a laptop.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X