• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speakers for 2011 Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers for 2011 Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise

Onboard during segment voyage from Sydney to Hong Kong, February 6 - 26
    Personally I can't see where Carol Thatcher fits in but maybe it's for her experiences of being the Prime Ministers daughter and not her experiences in the jungle that she's onboard to talk about, but some of the others sound very interesting.
    We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

Carol Thatcher might be interesting, though I doubt you'd get to hear any decent gossip about her mother.

Comment

Oh dear. I've only heard of Carole Thatcher and I certainly wouldn't want to hear her speak.
      Just as well perhaps as I'm never likely to be able to afford her!

Comment

A few years ago on QE2 Carol Thatcher was one of the "speakers" and I thought pretty much the same but she is actually quite entertaining and very pleasant.
        Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat, Argolida View Post
          Carol Thatcher might be interesting, though I doubt you'd get to hear any decent gossip about her mother.
          Well actually you would. I've heard her speak both on QE2 & QM2 and honestly she's quite funny and it was standing room only. One of her talks is called "A swim-on part in the goldfish bowl" what it was like to grow up as the "Milk snatchers daughter" (as she puts it) and how her father enjoyed a gin or two !

My claim to fame. I bought a copy of her book when she was speaking on QM2 and stood in a long line for her to sign it, by the time I got to her she had to rush off to another engagment so she said she would sign it later and arrange for it to be deliverd to my cabin. Later that evening at 6.30pm a knock on the cabin door and there was Carol Thatcher delivering my book. As I had just sat down to have a glass of wine I opend the door with the wine glass still in my hand, Her first words were "so where's the Party then" . Yes you've guessed it, I invited her in and we finished the bottle, and boy what gossip :D
          Last edited by paul, inkpen; 16th July 2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Goodness I didn't realise Carol Thatcher made such a good living out of cruise ships! Mind you there has to be some plus points about being the daughter of Margaret Thatcher.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X