• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 3 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Today saw us arrive into the port of Riga. As mentioned previously, on Regent Seven Seas they include majority of excursions included in the price and we had been booked on the Charming Riga tour which involved a 3 hour guided walking tour round the city and the guide was very informative and made sure we saw all the main buildings and sights of Riga. Our tour was to meet at 08:10 in the theatre so we decided to order room service for breakfast.
    We had put our order out before we went to bed the night before and selected the 7-7:30 time slot. In our walk in wardrobe was a table covering for the glass table and was then laid up with a table cloth and breakfast was laid out. They hadn't quite got the order right but nevertheless was nice and set us up for the day. We had ordered fruit, omlette for myself, toast and then juice. You could have also ordered pastries, eggs were cooked to order, and other hot breakfast items as well as cereals.
    The weather in Riga was sunny and the temperature got to 18 degrees which was warm enough for us to be able to sit out on deck in the aftrrnoon and for us to get burnt.
    We departed Riga at 4pm and had the Regent signature orchestra play us out of port.
    For dinner we chose to eat in La Verandah for the evening as this turns into an italian and have to say I was disappointed with the service we received. The restaurant was very busy but there didnt seem to be enough waiting or bar staff on duty. So the service in ordering the main meal and then waiting for it to be delivered seem to take an age and when it did arrive one meal was completely wrong and one meal didn't have their steak cooked correctly. However the food was nice and we started with anti pasti, yhen you could help yourselves to salad and appetisers from the buffet. I ordered the steak and it came with two tiny roast potatoes - there was no vegetables which was disappointing. I chose not to have a dessert but one of our group had the tiramisu and said she had, had better.
    After dinner we headed to the theatre to watch the cirque l'amour which was a show with arialists and dancers and was a show about the nightlife in paris. This was a popular show and was standing room only. After the show it was then a nightcap in the Voyager lounge before bedtime.

I like your 'warts and all' style. Makes for some very readable posts. Thank you Kerry.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X