• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 2 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Today saw the day start with a lie in (although uk time was only 8am) and then breakfast at Coffee Connection at 10am. There was choices of pastries, yoghurts, fruit,toast and bagels.

Activities this morning included martini making demonstration, art auction, talk in the theatre about the Russian Tsars.

At lunch today there was a chilli cook off with four different chefs (one from each restaurant) serving four diffeent chillies. The chilli that won was the beef with beer chilli . This was all by the pool grill and had an Mexican theme and enchilliadas, mexicsn rice and nachos were all on offer. At 1pm there was an ice sculpting demonstration and saw a swan be carved from a block of ice. As the afternoon progressed the wind dropped and resulted in a lovely afternoon sitting out on a sunlounger.

There was strudel being served at 4pm and then followed by trivia quiz. They were even playing bingo on board at 5pm. If you are into card making there was also a session to make cards

As we are unable to get reservations in signatures (the other speciality restaurant) we dined in the main restaurant compass rose which is an open dining restaurant and no reservations are required, its on a first come first served basis. There was a wide choice of options on the menu. I opted to start with farmhouse crostata, ceasar salad and then steak. I missed the soup and dessert courses as was just to full.

After dinner the Regent singers and dancers were doing a show all with music from the 70's. We then went to the Voyager lounge for a nightcap. As we were going to bed the weather had changed and was thunder and lightning for at least two hours.

Overall the staff are very friendly and helpful but the ladies on the destination services desk were not very helpful when asking about information for the tour we have booked, and then last night in the horizon lounge for pre dinner drinks, one lady in our group had to ask three times for a glass of champagne.

Hi Kerry, I hope you enjoy Voyager, we love her little sister, Navigator. I'm interested to hear about the service (or lack of it) in the bar. On our recent trip on Navigator we felt that service sometimes fell short of what we would expect. Economies perhaps? Judith

Comment

Ah, you picked up the weather you missed at home!
      Is she a bonny little ship? Is the pool good...but most of all- can you see the sea in comfort even when the weather's not good?
      Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
        Hi Kerry, I hope you enjoy Voyager, we love her little sister, Navigator. I'm interested to hear about the service (or lack of it) in the bar. On our recent trip on Navigator we felt that service sometimes fell short of what we would expect. Economies perhaps? Judith
        hi Judith, glad you enjoyed the navigator and sorry to hear about the lack of service in the bar, I did find that mainly in the MDR and also La Verandah that there didn't seem to be enough bar or waiting staff to look after the guests. I did comment that on one occasion we had to ask three times for a glass of champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
          Ah, you picked up the weather you missed at home!
          Is she a bonny little ship? Is the pool good...but most of all- can you see the sea in comfort even when the weather's not good?
          hi jo, the ship holds approx 700 passengers and never felt small or cramped. The pool was heated and some people diduse the pool, there is also a couple of hot tubs. Yes you would be able to see the sea in comfort

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X