• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 1 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager

I have been lucky to be offered the opportunity to spend the weekend on board the Regent Seven Seas Voyager sailing from Copenhagen, we will have the second day at sea and then the third day into Riga, Latvia (which I have never been to) before arriving into Helsinki on Monday where our journey will end and we unfortunately have to disembark and fly home.

Day 1: Copenhagen.

I flew from London Gatwick to Copenhagen with Easyjet which should have departed at 7:30 for arrival at 10:20 but was delayed departing by half an hour due to us having to be bused to the aircraft the other side of the terminal. On arrival at Copenhagen I then took the train from the airport to Copenhagen central station where I met my colleague Danielle who had flown in the day before from Dublin. Instead if getting the no 26 bus we decided to walk to the port as ftom memory it wasnt far - however last time I hadn't got a suitcase with me so was actually about an hour and a half Our walk took us through the main shopping streets, we watched the changing of the guard at the palace, saw the little mermaid and finally arrived at the ship.

As we were joining the cruise halfway through there was no terminal building to queue so we spoke to security who had us on the list and we proceeded on board and up to reception to collect our security/ door cards.

The Voyager is an all suite ship and we have been lucky to have been allocated a concierge suite. We are in cabin 1015. Our suite is made as a twin but could be a double if preferred. We have a 3 seater sofa with two additional chairs around a coffee table. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne chilling and a fruit plate. Our suite also has an illy coffee machine. We have a walk in wardrobe which is big enough to use as a changing roomif preferred, this is also where the safe is and where the bathrobes and slippers are. The bathroom is a good size with a walk in shower, a full size bath, and complimentary L'occitane toiletries. On the balcony is two chairs which recline and a coffee table.

We then proceeded to have lunch and as we were unsure of where to go we ate at the pool grill where there is a selection of paninis, burgers, and fish to choose from. I opted for the bacon burger and was asked how I would like it cooked. The food just melted in your mouth and the diet coke we had didn't come from a soda machine but actual cans

We then started a tour of the ship and found that La Verandah was open for lunch so will try there on the sea day. The ship itself is very open spaces and seems plenty of seating in the theatre and the bar/lounges. Afternoon tea was being served at 4pm so we went along to see how this might compare with Queen Mary 2 - on Regent when you get offered tea you get to chose from a box which you might like and there was English breakfast, camomile, peppermint etc. There was a gentleman walking round with a trolley filled with a selection of sandwiches and cakes, wearing white gloves. Or you could go to the counter in the middle for self service. On cunard you don't get to choose and everything is brought to you.

As we had only joined that day and missed the main drill we had to meet with the safety officer at 6pm who went through the drill procedures should we hear the alarm go. After we then proceeded to the Voyager lounge which is also the nightclub where we had a cocktail reception and meeting the other agents who had joined. We were then advised we had a dinner reservation at Prime 7 that evening. This is a steakhouse and one of the speciality restaurants on board, its complimentary to dine in but reservations are required. Again the food in there just melted in your mouth and you csn choose to have steajs ftom 6 ounces up to 18 ounces, or if 2 sharing then a 32 ounce steak. There was no hurry to make us leave and after 4 courses and 3 hours (and feelung very full) we then left to go to listen to the duo in the Voyager lounge before we decided to call it a night at midnight ( uk time was 11pm) we have to put our clocks forward another hour so we will be missing out on two hours sleep.

Nearly all drinks are complimentary on board and champagne is included. Regent also include all the excursions in the price also and we also found out this evening we have one booked for Riga.

Tomorrow is a sea day so who knows what the day will hold. But I am sure there will be lots more mouth watering food and a couple of glasses of champagne.

Sounds like a good start Kerry. Your suite sounds lovely, will you be posting some photos when you get back?..Carol

Comment

Oh, the luxury of it all! I hope the rest of your stay is as inviting!
      Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
        Sounds like a good start Kerry. Your suite sounds lovely, will you be posting some photos when you get back?..Carol
        This is the Promo video that they show visitors to the ship.
        ]

Comment

Thank you Tuggy, it does look absolutely stunning...Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
            Hi Carol yes I will post some pictures either tomorrow or Wednesday

Comment

Yes Jo was a fabulous weekend and have felt very spoilt.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X