• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regent Seven Seas..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regent Seven Seas..

We have just had another Voyager cruise,Business class flights ,,,,BUT oh dear the quality of the BA to Athens and return from Istanbul were awfull, had a better flight with Thomas cook.3 weeks ago..Any other flight let downs, Regent still 6++++++++

The worst flight let down we had was last year when we sailed on Cunard Queen Victoria. We booked a package with Cunard to include flights. We were surprised to find the flights were with Jet 2 and never again will we do that. Our flight to Athens from Manchester was delayed several hours but that was nothing compared to our return journey. We were due to fly home from Venice but due to bad weather the ship was diverted to Trieste and we were then to Venice airport by coach. To cut a long story short we eventually flew from Bergamot and arrived home in the early hours of the following morning absolutely exhausted. We didn't see anyone from Cunard from leaving the ship at 10.am untill arriving at Manchester where a rep from Cunard greeted us with no apology for our ordeal. I would cetainly have expected better from Cunard give the price we paid to sailing Queens grill. Have done 3 cruises with Regent and thankfully not had problems with the flights, transatlantic and European both fine.

Comment

Hi guys
      We are looking at RSSC but we are worried that it may be a bit too formal for us, hopefully you can help?
      Previously we have cruised Princess (not impressed), P&O (hated it). Azamara (ok), Seabourn (loved it) and Silverseas (loved it). Entertainment doesn't rate very highly on our requirements but we do like peace & quiet, good food and friendly staff. Not to keen on dressing up or sitting in groups for meals......do you think we'd like it?

Comment

Formal it is not

Originally posted by Champagne Pussycat, Port Kennedy, Australia View Post
        Hi guys
        We are looking at RSSC but we are worried that it may be a bit too formal for us, hopefully you can help?
        Previously we have cruised Princess (not impressed), P&O (hated it). Azamara (ok), Seabourn (loved it) and Silverseas (loved it). Entertainment doesn't rate very highly on our requirements but we do like peace & quiet, good food and friendly staff. Not to keen on dressing up or sitting in groups for meals......do you think we'd like it?
        Well it may satisfy you to know that while my wife and I love dressing up we are having a break from all that formality when we join Regent Seven Seas Navigator later next month.

In a strange sort of way we are looking forward to it. Can you imagine a whole cruise without dancing? No problem when it's all inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Champagne Pussycat, Port Kennedy, Australia View Post
          Hi guys
          If you enjoyed Seabourn, you'll love Regent. There is the opportunity to dress up if you want to, but it is not compulsory. You decide if you want company, or to dine alone, or in your suite. Have a good trip

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I've found some great itinerarys so now I'll go prize the credit card from my husbands wallet (he's a Yorkshireman)

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X