• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos - Terrace Cafe, Oceania Riviera - a buffet with a difference!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos - Terrace Cafe, Oceania Riviera - a buffet with a difference!

This is so unlike the Buffet on any ship I have ever been on!

The tables are set, glassware sparkles.

The staff serve you, no 'mucky mitts' on the serving utensils!

Lizzie sigpic

Good photos Lizzie. The Terrace is a lovely restaurant. At night I assume they have tablecloths like Marina. I loved the atmosphere in the buffet especially at night.

We have only travelled with Oceania & are looking at other lines at the moment. How do the buffets on Cunard & Celebrity compare?

Comment

Hi Fred,

Yes they do, but I took my photos at lunch time.

Sorry, cannot comment on Celebrity, Cunard often turn one half of their buffet into a 'Specialty Restaurant' at night, with tables laid etc... But not at lunchtime, the choice on Cunard is excellent, but others use the utensils! As you know you are served on Oceania, so that doesn't happen.

Too be honest we tend to use the Restaurants now, as we are both horrified by the lack of hygiene prevalent with some passengers! Sadly, even on Oceania, my husband was horrified by the lack of hygiene of male passengers.

I do feel sorry for all cruise lines they can try so hard & still get the virus, as some are just so arrogant, they will not use the gel & sadly that was very evident on Oceania, as it is on many ships.
      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

I am so enjoying your photos Lizzie as we are on Riveria in Feb 13. I cannot wait and your photos are just whetting my appetite.

The Terrace looks lovley .What is the food like and did you ever eat there at night ?

Scotslizzy

Comment

Hi scostslizzy,

We only used it for breakfast & there was loads of choice. The best part for us was breakfast on deck in Monte Carlo, just ace, will post photos soon!

We didn't use it at night as we had been asked to try the speciality restaurants, which are a must do!
          Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
            Hi Fred,

Yes they do, but I took my photos at lunch time.

Sorry, cannot comment on Celebrity, Cunard often turn one half of their buffet into a 'Specialty Restaurant' at night, with tables laid etc... But not at lunchtime, the choice on Cunard is excellent, but others use the utensils! As you know you are served on Oceania, so that doesn't happen.

Too be honest we tend to use the Restaurants now, as we are both horrified by the lack of hygiene prevalent with some passengers! Sadly, even on Oceania, my husband was horrified by the lack of hygiene of male passengers.

I do feel sorry for all cruise lines they can try so hard & still get the virus, as some are just so arrogant, they will not use the gel & sadly that was very evident on Oceania, as it is on many ships.
            hanks for that Lizzie.

Yes we noticed that about people very few used the gel before going into the restaurants. Hard to believe people don't wash their hands after using the loo. What I did like on Marina were the signs to ask you to use tissues to open the door after you had been to the loo & washed your hands. Useless though if people won't even wash their hands! However the staff didn't ask you to use the gel before entering the restaurants which I thought was poor. I put that on my comments to Oceania!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post
              hanks for that Lizzie.

Yes we noticed that about people very few used the gel before going into the restaurants. Hard to believe people don't wash their hands after using the loo. What I did like on Marina were the signs to ask you to use tissues to open the door after you had been to the loo & washed your hands. Useless though if people won't even wash their hands! However the staff didn't ask you to use the gel before entering the restaurants which I thought was poor. I put that on my comments to Oceania!
              Riviera had the same signs Fred! But a bit superfluous! That is my only real criticism of the ship, it is an outbreak waiting to happen, which would be a great shame. Let's hope they take note, as we want to go back.!
              Lizzie sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X