• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nautica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nautica

After much searching and deliberation, we have at last found and booked a cruise on Nautica. Leaving from Southampton in September and going around the Med. Yes again.

We have sailed on both Azamara "R" ships, so wonder if this will feel like going home. I almost forgot - also Adonia, same class of ship but that was the only thing you could say was the same!!

We like the smaller ships and the ports they can visit. We are not interested in rock climbing, lots of glitz and dancing girls, speaking for myself of course.

It will be interesting to see if Oceania lives up to it's reputation.

Beryl

We have been on Nautica three times and she is a lovely ship. I also love Azamara and although the decor on Nautica is better I think, the crew and general ambience of Azamara cannot be bettered. Food is very much a personal opinion, but I prefer Oceania slightly. If the same itinerary were offered by both cruiselines then my first choice would be Azamara because I feel like it's coming home when I embark Quest or Journey. I don't get that feeling with O, just normal happiness that I'm on a ship.

Have a lovely cruise Beryl and how nice that there is an O cruise leaving from Southampton.

Comment

I love Oceania. Haven't been on Nautica but have been on Insignia before the refit.

Have to say I much prefer Oceania to Azamara even though I agree it is a friendly line. I find the staff much better & more friendly on Oceania, the beds & bedding are amazing & the food is definitely far superior. Speciality restaurants no extra charge & I do believe they got rid of the dreaded curtains in the shower too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post
        I love Oceania. Haven't been on Nautica but have been on Insignia before the refit.

Have to say I much prefer Oceania to Azamara even though I agree it is a friendly line. I find the staff much better & more friendly on Oceania, the beds & bedding are amazing & the food is definitely far superior. Speciality restaurants no extra charge & I do believe they got rid of the dreaded curtains in the shower too.
        Interesting. The shower curtain was something I was wondering about. I hope you are right. Not seen that mentioned anywhere else. I have read that the beds are so good you would want to take them home with you. You certainly wouldn't have wanted to take home the beds on Adonia. I loved Neil's description. Like sleeping on an ironing board! Beryl

Comment

Amazed that you find the crew friendlier on O....After many cruises with them I cannot say that is the case for us. The officers are invisible and so is the Captain. On AZ you see them all over the ship, chatting to passengers and problem solving when needed. I find the beds on AZ just as comfortable as the beds on O....but have to say that Silversea has the best beds of any cruiseline. I adore Red Ginger and Jacques but much prefer Prime C to Polo Grill and Aqualina to Toscana. AZ service beats O's hands down every time. The showers on all the Veranda cabins on R class ships are the same size, which is to say tiny, but they don't bother me that much. I shower and get out! Marina and Riviera have lovely bathrooms though.
          As I have two cruises on Azamara booked and one on O.....on Nautica actually, you could say I love both cruise lines, but it's the cruise on Quest that I'm most looking forward too.
          Aren't we so lucky to have the choice? 😀

Comment

Originally posted by B&D, Shepton Mallet View Post
            After much searching and deliberation, we have at last found and booked a cruise on Nautica. Leaving from Southampton in September and going around the Med. Yes again.

We have sailed on both Azamara "R" ships, so wonder if this will feel like going home. I almost forgot - also Adonia, same class of ship but that was the only thing you could say was the same!!

We like the smaller ships and the ports they can visit. We are not interested in rock climbing, lots of glitz and dancing girls, speaking for myself of course.

It will be interesting to see if Oceania lives up to it's reputation.

Beryl
            You'll love it - we did just very recently. Lovely staff, lovely food in both content and variety (and not at all American), wonderful beds....
            they do have shower curtains but it didn't attack me and I'm quite large. And the excursions, especially if you go for 5 or more are excellent value and of real interest.

Comment

Beware of the food. It is so good I am struggling to lose the wright I gained on our cruise almost a month ago. It really is hard to resist when it is so good.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X