• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oceania Cruises' new MARINA to feature Lalique Grand Staircase and Lobby

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oceania Cruises' new MARINA to feature Lalique Grand Staircase and Lobby

Looks fabulous

Comment

Marina is wonderful. Having just spent 12 days on board we can confirm that it is a great ship with some very fine areas, especially as she only carries 1250 pax. The dining venues, food and service well excede expecation. The staterooms are fine, not really noticably bigger than others, and the bath is not an essential on our list of preferences. The pool area and deck space is very comfortable and never crowded. The Library / Barista coffee bar area is very enjoyablewith some fine views over the decks. The entertainment is basic but the itinerary and number of destinations is great. We are looking forward to Riviera but hope that Oceania can improve their reception and destination service, both of which we found to be unhelpful.

Comment

I hope those crystal medallions are securely fitted, because I know if I was on board I'd be trying to purloin one or two. I love Lalique and that looks fabulous!!

Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst, Salisbury View Post
          I hope those crystal medallions are securely fitted, because I know if I was on board I'd be trying to purloin one or two. I love Lalique and that looks fabulous!!

Jenny
          Jenny- we took a box of old vases from a vestry in a little church to put through the dishwasher. One badly scratched one said Lalique on the base, with a serial number, so we put it on e-bay for church funds, at £9.99.
          Scratched and chipped, it brought in over £700, which was handy as we'd had a tree through the roof of our tiny church.....
          It was beautiful, however scratched- which apparently could be restored.
          Jo.
          Jo.

Comment

Jo - what a find! Glad the proceeds went to such a good cause.

Jenny

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X