• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oceania Nautica - An Ocean Going Country Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
    Lovely photos again Richard. Here is another one of our great day out in the last divided city in the world.
    Nicosia Cyprus.
    Richard is stood in the buffer zone on what is known as "the green line" that divides this sunshine island in the Eastern corner of the Mediterranean. A few old oil drums and a bit of barb wire is all that is needed to separate the two sides of the City.

Hi Maggie.
    Just out of interest,,is both crossings open in Nicosia...i can't remember the oil drums.
    This photo is next to the crossing in Nicosia centre.
    My mate who met us said there is another one for cars.
    We parked at Nicosia bus station and walked down the main street to the crossing,after taking the view with a coffee on top floor of,i think, Debenhams?
    Photo from September.I do takle the most unusual photo's.

We had a great day out from Larnaca.
    Sorry to go OT!!.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally the Seagull, Dover View Post
      Superb photos and how lucky to meet another member in a far away land.

I saw an Oceania ship in Dover earlier this year. Can't remember which one though.
      It was I believe the Oceania Marina Sally.

http://www.cruises.co.uk/437-oceania...ne_dining.html

A number of us had a days visit.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Maggie.
        Just out of interest,,is both crossings open in Nicosia...i can't remember the oil drums.
        This photo is next to the crossing in Nicosia centre.
        My mate who met us said there is another one for cars.
        We parked at Nicosia bus station and walked down the main street to the crossing,after taking the view with a coffee on top floor of,i think, Debenhams?
        Photo from September.I do takle the most unusual photo's.

We had a great day out from Larnaca.
        Sorry to go OT!!.
        JC
        Certainly was Debenhams JC. Maggie took us up there as well.

Great view...

...and still the CD badge is on the shirt.

Comment

Seeing your review and photos on Travel Reviews, Hotel Reviews, Mature Travel Advice, Silver Travel Forum and seeing the photos on here really have persuaded me put this ship on the 'To Do' list.
          Fossil1

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil1, London View Post
            Seeing your review and photos on Travel Reviews, Hotel Reviews, Mature Travel Advice, Silver Travel Forum and seeing the photos on here really have persuaded me put this ship on the 'To Do' list.
            Thank you for that Fossil1.

I see from my emails today...'You may be interested to know that we have selected your review about Nautica as one of ‘This Week’s Best Reviews’ which is highlighted on our homepage.

Your review has also been entered into our prize draw'.

Nice to know I'm appreciated on other forums.

Comment

What great photographs! So pleased you enjoyed your cruise on Nautica Richard, they are lovely little ships & what a bonus meeting Maggiemou! I love those libraries, much nicer than Marina & Riviera's & those lovely teak sunbeds are much better than the modern metal ones. Still the larger ships have other bonuses!

Have to say I love Oceania's relaxed style of cruising but I wondered whether you would like it as I remember you do like the formal aspects of Cunard & P&O. As you say informal dining isn't everyone's cup of tea especially for a longer cruise like yours. I'm still afraid to go for the bigger Cunard & P&O ships & just can't persuade husband to take full on evening garb on holiday! Now I'm having a look at Azamara as they look a similar style of cruising on the same ship design as Regatta.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                Thank you for that Fossil1.

I see from my emails today...'You may be interested to know that we have selected your review about Nautica as one of ‘This Week’s Best Reviews’ which is highlighted on our homepage.

Your review has also been entered into our prize draw'.

Nice to know I'm appreciated on other forums.
                Well done you.

Just to let you know - you're also appreciated on this forum too.

cheers
                Harvey

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X