• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This man wants my business.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This man wants my business.

And that man just happens to be Kunal Kamlani...

...and he is the President of Oceania Cruises.

He knows that I appreciate the best in good food and love to cruise. Earlier this year my wife and I attended the Daily Telegraph Cruise Show at Olympia. One of the more glamorous stands there was the one representing Oceania Cruises and they also gave a number of excellent presentations, centered on their quality and variety of food, in the show theatres...

http://www.cruises.co.uk/673-cruise_...uise_show.html

With a banner headline, 'Your World, Your way' and a variety of dining venues that surpasses even Celebrity's ships, I'm seriously interested.

And not just for the food, though that is most important and they do boast of 'the finest cuisine at sea'. Take a look at this...

Mary Hart Presents The Oceania Cruises Experience - YouTube

Tempted?
    I sure am, Oceania looks just up my street.

Have you cruised and enjoyed an Oceania cruise? If so why not let me know your experience. I do have a ship visit arranged in the very near future but I'm pretty well near hooked.

Oceania and Azamara are the only lines left on my 'before I die' list.......Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
      Oceania and Azamara are the only lines left on my 'before I die' list.......Wilba
      Wouldn't go so far as to say 'before I die' Wilba, but mine are Crystal and Polar Adventure Ships.

Comment

Morning Richard
        Have you got any shares with them?
        You should get a job as their P.R. man

Unlesss.........

We are Cunard.

Regards

Garfield

Comment

I keep doing the lottery until then its the also rans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeimp, Lincoln View Post
            I keep doing the lottery until then its the also rans.
            At least we can cruise - many can't ; it maybe strange to some but gourmet meals don't appeal to me and are not a consideration in selecting a cruise.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
              At least we can cruise - many can't ; it maybe strange to some but gourmet meals don't appeal to me and are not a consideration in selecting a cruise.

Annie
              I with you Annie, I get fed up with the 'posh' food after six or seven days cruising and long to have beans on toast, but saying that still love the long cruises and the joy of trying new ships, must admit done one Oceania and it was not my cup-of-tea, but certainly would encrourage everyone to try it at least once, they are spectacular
              Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

Annie
                I suppose it depends on your personal definition of gourmet.

We certainly think the food on offer is a major factor when cruising, but a side dish size, dry Cobb salad with unadorned cold lobster is, to me, a gourmet experience as is an exquisite Blackened Tuna [Ahi, sashimi grade] steak, simply served with wasabi and pickled ginger and a side dry green salad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

We certainly think the food on offer is a major factor when cruising, but a side dish size, dry Cobb salad with unadorned cold lobster is, to me, a gourmet experience as is an exquisite Blackened Tuna [Ahi, sashimi grade] steak, simply served with wasabi and pickled ginger and a side dry green salad.
                  Mrs M can you please restrain yourself. I've not long since finished my breakfast and lunch is at least 2 hours away.

Vinny
                  sigpic

Comment

Checkout this video "Recipe for Success" Oceania Cruises

[URL="http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-holidays/2012-cruises/"]Cruises 201[/URL][URL="http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-holidays/cruises-2013/"]3[/URL]
                    [URL="http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-destinations/mediterranean-cruises/"]Mediterranean Cruises[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Hi Mrs M

What you have described has turned my stomach - but again I have several food intolerances. I love simple food with sauces on the side that can be added as desired. I am not allowed salads of any description - that is just one intolerance.

Tenpin - one of my favourite breakfasts is baked beans on dry wholemeal toast - yummy - and as much protein as steak.

Off to make some now.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                        Mrs M can you please restrain yourself. I've not long since finished my breakfast and lunch is at least 2 hours away.

Vinny
                        OOOPS sorry Vinny. [Garfield did this to me yesterday ]

Just trying to put over the fact 'simple' food for me, is gourmet.

Roll on next holiday.

Comment

Hi Mrs M

What you have described has turned my stomach - but again I have several food intolerances. I love simple food with sauces on the side that can be added as desired. I am not allowed salads of any description - that is just one intolerance.

Tenpin - one of my favourite breakfasts is baked beans on dry wholemeal toast - yummy - and as much protein as steak.

Off to make some now.

Annie
                          Splendid.
                          All the more for me.

On a more mundane level, I can't imagine daily meals without salad in some shape or form.

Comment

Hi Mrs M

Off to make some now.

Annie
                            Hi Annie
                            I'm the same, I like to taste the food ...not the accompaniment.
                            Been to a couple of Michelin star restaurants to try the experience. Not really my cup of tea I'm afraid.
                            No pretentions of grandeur I suppose and taste buds brought up on more mundane foods.
                            What you see is what you get. (WYSIWYG)

But each to their own.
                            Regards
                            Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fark, Birmingham View Post
                              Thank you for that Captain Fark.

It was indeed that exact video that introduced the presentation at the Olympia Cruise Show.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X