• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The World in London.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World in London.

Biggest privately-owned yacht on the planet which offers apartments for up to £8.5million sails up the River Thames | Daily Mail Online

Pictures and Video in the link.
    Sailing past the Flood Barrier .

Are they checking on there money?

There is a waiting list to buy apartments. (Not Me)

Some nice places to eat.
    or have a swim.

Link to Video.. http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...4126403053.mp4

Now where did I put that Lottery ticket......Taffy
    ​Taffy

Thanks for that Taffy.

When The World came to Greenwich in 2011, we followed her progress up the estuary by driving to points along the way. The following day, we went into London to see her moored at Greenwich.

I posted photos on this forum but it seems light years ago now.

It is great to see pics of the inside of the ship so once again, thanks for posting them.
    Jill

Comment

It certainly is A World Away .................................................. ...........................Carol

Comment

Thanks Taffy, I have seen her in Falmouth a few times and in Brazil, but I always thought she seemed a soulless ship , when a ship sails you usually see some life on the decks, not on this one you don't.CG
        sigpic

Comment

Not a cruise ship, a completely different concept. My friend has just left after spending nearly two years as enrichment manager. She had a fabulous time, but is ready for a spell ashore. We saw The World in St Petersburg a few years ago, I don't think it would suit me.

Comment

saw her in Palma, Majorca this week last year, was completely underwhelmed by the exterior but then I suppose that's a good thing.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Taffy. It's interesting to see interior photos of the ship. We saw The World a few years ago in Falmouth. At the time, she seemed like a ghost ship as there didn't seem to be anyone on board her at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa, Kernow View Post
                Thanks for posting, Taffy. It's interesting to see interior photos of the ship. We saw The World a few years ago in Falmouth. At the time, she seemed like a ghost ship as there didn't seem to be anyone on board her at all.
                We said the same when we saw her in Greenwich. She looked like the Marie Celeste.
                Jill

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                  Thanks Taffy, I have seen her in Falmouth a few times and in Brazil, but I always thought she seemed a soulless ship , when a ship sails you usually see some life on the decks, not on this one you don't.CG
                  I did wonder if the passengers ever spoke with one another, or just kept themselves to themselves ,Must be a lonely life not speaking to your neighbors...Taffy
                  ​Taffy

Comment

thanks for the photos as this is the closest I'll get to seeing it. Can't imagine having that much money!
                    Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

Saw this as it sailed past Canvey, so living near the River does have some advantages.
                      Sailed Island Star - 2007
                      Sailed Island Escape - 2008
                      Sailed Thomson Celebration - 2010
                      Sailed Thomson Celebration - 2012
                      Sailed Celebrity Silhouette - 2013
                      Sailed Costa Pacifica - 2014
                      Sailed Celebrity Constellation - 2015
                      Sailed Cruise and Maritime Magellan - Norway 2016
                      Sailed Cruise and Maritime Magellan - Christmas Markets 2016
                      Sailing Cruise and Maritime Marco Polo - Amazon, West Indies and Azores January 2017

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X