• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsflash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsflash

Did you also receive an email today with a big red banner announcing NEWSFLASH - Cancelled 5* Luxury Cabins in the Med. What on earth does it mean? Are they saying that these cabins have been cancelled by cruisers? Or is someone just trying to get my attention. Beryl

Cruisedots emails and prices on their web site are at best out of date by the time they are posted or sent or at worst figments of imagination created by the marketing department to entice potential passengers to enquire. I have contacted them twice this year and asked about the price shown on a particular cruise, the price is NEVER the advertised price, but they blame "fluid pricing" so can't be held accountable.

I received an email from them last night and I know for a fact that the particular cruise I'm looking at has NEVER been on sale at the price and I challenge them to prove anyone has paid the price they quoted.

Comment

I didn't get an e-mail but there was something on Face-book about being able to book cabins that had been canceled on Azamara cruises at cheap prices............................................ .................................................. .......Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
        Cruisedots emails and prices on their web site are at best out of date by the time they are posted or sent or at worst figments of imagination created by the marketing department to entice potential passengers to enquire. I have contacted them twice this year and asked about the price shown on a particular cruise, the price is NEVER the advertised price, but they blame "fluid pricing" so can't be held accountable.

I received an email from them last night and I know for a fact that the particular cruise I'm looking at has NEVER been on sale at the price and I challenge them to prove anyone has paid the price they quoted.
        Now where is that like button??

Annie

Comment

Also applies to certain cruise web sites. Guess who's site this is ?. Current prices today but not according to P&O site. 99% booked up.

Ship: Azura (A506N)
          Line: P&O Cruises
          From Barbados20th Mar 2015 (14 Nt Fly Cruise)

• Transfer from Southampton to Manchester included

Insides from £1,049 pp£749 pp
          Outsides from £1,089 pp£799 pp
          Balconies from £1,499 pp£999 pp
          Singles from £1,849 pp

Comment

I just tried a saver fare on P&O and it takes you through enter PAx names for insides with flights from Manchester for £749pp

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
              Also applies to certain cruise web sites. Guess who's site this is ?. Current prices today but not according to P&O site. 99% booked up.

Singles from £1,849 pp
              That sounds like a genuine P&O fare with solo fare more than double the price of an inside cabin yet only 1 seat on the aircraft is required

Annie

Comment

The only Email I got today from a well known agent (not CD) for a Med Cruise, was this

The original price for a balcony cabin was £2391
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post

Singles from £1,849 pp

Balcony cabins were down to £899 last weekend for a period of 24 hours. Managed to grab one. However flights are on 21st. Could not justify £250pp (at the time) for one extra night in Barbados.

Comment

[QUOTE=ROSEBASKETS,

I received an email from them last night and I know for a fact that the particular cruise I'm looking at has NEVER been on sale at the price and I challenge them to prove anyone has paid the price they quoted.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you RB. We received a flyer for a Tailor Made trip to Australia and New Zealand and thought it too good to be true. When Alan 'phoned Tracey, the only difference was that we did not get the transfer from home to airport as the distance was too great. The holiday was a outstanding success and at the price quoted. Judith

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      The only Email I got today from a well known agent (not CD) for a Med Cruise, was this

The original price for a balcony cabin was £2391
                      Princess still want £999 for the insides but I have noticed that they are one of the lines that does seem to offer cabins out cheaper through TA.

They have some very high pricing this year was looking at Round Britain over £1k, last year they sold them off at £399 with OBC to captains club members.

CD have this cruise at the same price although live availability does not seem to be working.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise/princ...-may-15/83242/
                      Last edited by Topdeck, London; 21st February 2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        Princess still want £999 for the insides but I have noticed that they are one of the lines that does seem to offer cabins out cheaper through TA.

They have some very high pricing this year was looking at Round Britain over £1k, last year they sold them off at £399 with OBC to captains club members.

CD have this cruise at the same price although live availability does not seem to be working.

www.CRUISE.co.uk | BRITISH ISLES - Princess Cruises - Caribbean Princess - 9th May 2015 - 14 nights
                        This cruise is still being advertised on a competitor's site at £799 inside cabin, £849 outside, £1,199 balcony, £1,599 mini suite. Price for an inside family cabin 2 adults, 2 children £1,795.

I would guess it could be the well known agent who has already emailed you.

Comment

Originally posted by B&D, Shepton Mallet View Post
                          Did you also receive an email today with a big red banner announcing NEWSFLASH - Cancelled 5* Luxury Cabins in the Med. What on earth does it mean? Are they saying that these cabins have been cancelled by cruisers? Or is someone just trying to get my attention. Beryl
                          Yes I did, late yesterday afternoon from Cruisedot about E Med cruises on Azamara Journey. I'm afraid it went in the bin!

Comment

I received an email on Thursday from my TA. 10 nights cruise on 22/03/15 on Oceana UK To Italy, £499 Balcony £699! Included return flights to London, Birmingham or Manchester and coach transfer. I didn't enquire as unable to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey, Wirral View Post
                              I received an email on Thursday from my TA. 10 nights cruise on 22/03/15 on Oceana UK To Italy, £499 Balcony £699! Included return flights to London, Birmingham or Manchester and coach transfer. I didn't enquire as unable to go.
                              I nearly got excited by this Lacey, then I realised it was not Oceania! Thought it was too good to be true.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X