• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pawn Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm, Essex
    started a topic Pawn Stars

Pawn Stars

No it's not as rude as it sounds!

Has anybody else watched the very addictive fly-on-the-wall series about a family that runs a Las Vegas Pawn shop (ITV4).

I think it's great!

Watch out for it.

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 7th October 2014, 09:46 PM.

• Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2)
    replied
    The only reality show I watch is 'The first 48hours' which follows Detectives from Miami's Homicide dept as they investigate murders, as
    they happen. The show is called that because the first 48hrs are the most critical information gathering time of the case and for every
    day that passes after that, the case becomes exponentially more difficult to resolve. If it comes over there, do not miss it. Real world
    is much better than all the fictional cop shows they put on.

The First 48 Miami, FL Cast - A&E We know all the detectives by first name now!
    Last edited by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2); 10th October 2014, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    Its not trash it's educational I found it quite interesting why the large denomination notes were issued, I might well start watching it...Carol

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    It's like a dumbed down 'Antiques roadshow'!

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Trash TV at its finest.📺...I love the fact that you can have it on and watch it without having to concentrate or worrying about missing the next episode.
    There are a few others I watch... most are mainly to do with american cars and bringing these enormous beasties back to life.
    Regards
    Garfield

Leave a comment:

• Barrowman, Bedford
    replied
    I'm inclined to agree - addictive it certainly is, my son was watching it one night when I arrived home and now we are both hooked.
    I have to say it is a bit of a joke as programme's go, but never the less it's addictive - like it or hate it....

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Pawn stars is addictive, beware!

Leave a comment:

• cruiser, Larne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
    Are you kidding? Freak show most of the time. I keep complaining about these 'reality' shows , IMO they are a cheap alternative to
    providing any decent entertainment!
    Couldn't agree more! The number of 'reality' TV shows shown on the various channels, including US and UK, is ridiculous. Entertainment they certainly are not - to me they are as entertaining as watching paint dry. I am dumbfounded as to how anyone in their right mind could sit and eatch 'Big Brother' and the like. They really are a cheap alternative to decent quality programmes.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wait til you see Hardcore Pawn - it's even more popular..... if you like to watch people arguing you'll love it. It's all about confrontation
    in one form or another, either between the family owners or their unbelievably rude and demanding clients. If you think you are
    eavesdropping on spontaneous conversation, think again - all these shows are scripted to provide as much discord as possible.. It's hard to say who is more obnoxious, staff or clients!

Hardcore Pawn

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
    Are you kidding? Freak show most of the time. I keep complaining about these 'reality' shows , IMO they are a cheap alternative to
    I do agree! Us Brits probably do not get so many fly-on-the -wall shows.

However a Las Vegas pawn shop is quite a unique subject for us Brits. We have NOTHING like Las Vegas here or it's residents!

Did you know: Pawn Stars is the number one show of it's type in India. The shop is the top non-gambling attraction in Vegas with 2,000 visitors per day.

Love it or hate it, it's very successful.

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 8th October 2014, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dst87, Falkirk
    replied
    It's the sort of show I'd secretly enjoy as a guilty pleasure - it is fairly entertaining.

It just makes me sad that the clip you picked was aired on the History Channel.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• mcphisto, Aberdeen
    replied
    Must have seen about every episode and enjoy them but this last series got even more contrived than usual. Ricks black eye last night was a step too far

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
    Is that the one with the really dumb guy called chum?
    Yep - "Chumley" - he's now a mega star in America. The show has become a global phenomenon.

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 7th October 2014, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire
    replied
    Is that the one with the really dumb guy called chum?

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X