• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quantum: Wonderland specialty restaurant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum: Wonderland specialty restaurant

Would you fancy eating there?
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 15th August 2014, 09:53 AM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Well Malcolm,i have not had lunch yet....so,yes i WOULD eat there!!! Honestly though,i have never had cause to moan about any food on any cruise i have been on,so maybe i am very lucky or easy pleased! All the food looks lush! Jan.

Comment

Not yet. Seems like a lot of hype, so far. Show me some menus.........

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
        Not yet. Seems like a lot of hype, so far. Show me some menus.........
        Totally agree.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
          Show me some menus.........
          Wonderland | Quantum of the Seas | Royal Caribbean

Comment

Can I let you know after we return from our next cruise? We sail out on quantum, and we don't have a set dining room; we are apparently free to choose where we dine each night. We have to wait and see. We return on QM2 so will compare.
            RS2

Comment

Thanks. So far it seems more about decorating plates than providing a meal..

Comment

You can do fancy dining on land, plenty of people are happy to pay.
                people are starting to want choice the days of one size fits all trad cruising is over.
                as long as there are enough choices people will be happy(ish) i don't expect to want to like every eating place on every ship just enough to keep me fed with variety.

sometimes it is not just about the food but the company and the show.

qsine on X is a good example the food is very average.

Comment

Originally posted by Redstripe 2, Rushden View Post
                  Can I let you know after we return from our next cruise? We sail out on quantum, and we don't have a set dining room; we are apparently free to choose where we dine each night. We have to wait and see. We return on QM2 so will compare.
                  RS2
                  I'm so jealous, I really want to go on her, am looking forward to hearing all about it................................................ ...Carol

Comment

All sounds a bit molecular gastronomy 'ish. Heston Blumenthal's been doing it for a while now but after the incident when a teen had to have most of her stomach removed through an accidental Liquid Nitrogen consumption, I think I'll give restaurants with a chemistry lesson slant a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                      All sounds a bit molecular gastronomy 'ish. Heston Blumenthal's been doing it for a while now but after the incident when a teen had to have most of her stomach removed through an accidental Liquid Nitrogen consumption, I think I'll give restaurants with a chemistry lesson slant a miss.
                      Fair point well made!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Redstripe 2, Rushden View Post
                        ...we are apparently free to choose where we dine each night.
                        That's also how NCL' 'Freestyle' works. However I have heard on other forums that cruisers are panicking and booking their 'Quantum' dining slots in advance, so I guess there will be less 'walk-up' slots available.

The QM2 may not be a new ship any more, but she should be a few notches above Quantum in terms of food and service. She also carries half the number of passengers, yet is still a big ship!

Comment

A variation of Qsine on Celebrity, as has been mentioned, but we enjoyed both the experience and the food.

Comment

wonderland quantum of the seas

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

Would you fancy eating there?
                            Oh yes ,I absolutely would ,we are on the maiden voyage on the 2nd of nov I tried to book this fabulous looking restaurant last night and it seems to be fully booked, gutted , has anyone else been unable to book it ?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X