• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are All Inclusive Fine Wines Actually Fine?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are All Inclusive Fine Wines Actually Fine?

One of the perks of booking an all-inclusive cruise is the luxury of having all your drinks included.

We want to know whether the all-inclusive fine wines are actually fine.

Here is a comparisons of all the alcoholic and soft drinks included with the luxury and river cruise lines. We have also included a price guide of the premium drinks you can purchase onboard.

Please note these drinks and prices are examples only and may vary once onboard depending on the time of sailing and destination.

Have you ever considered a luxury cruise? Would you be happy with these drinks included in your cruise fare?
    Jimmy the One & Only
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Hi I am not a big wine drink so I am not the best to advise on the quality of wines served on Silversea and Seabourn but they were acceptable to my palate (probably £8-10 a bottle quality in a supermanrket). In November 2011 the champagne served onboard Silver Cloud was Heidsieck Monopole (£20 in Tesco's before Xmas, after New Year I saw it on offer at £14), it isn't the best available but OK.
    Plenty of cocktails, maritinis, to chose from. Three malt whiskies available Glemorangie, Glenfiddich and MaCallum. Overall I was completely satisfied with range of beverages available but passengers with a more refined palate than mine may be a little disappointed.
    Last edited by Alan, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 8th February 2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I'd agree with Alan as to the quality of complimentary wines, liqueurs and cocktails on Seabourn and Silverseas; those on SeaDream are pretty identical too. All good enough for me!

One line you haven't included is Hebridean, their wines and champagnes are of a similar standard to the above, but they have an excellent range of single malts, all of which are complimentary. The only drinks which carry an additional charge are top end wines and champagnes, which are ordered from a separate wine list.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Comment

You'll be supping them soon won't you Alan ? Do drop us an update on the current situation as I'm on board Silver Cloud at the end of March. Cheers Trevor

Comment

The free wines on Azamara are of an excellent quality......a red and white choice, sometimes local to the area you are cruising.
          They change each day and in my experience they will happily give you another days choice if you are not keen on the choice from that particular day. They also give a very good "pour" and will fill up your glass as much as you want. It is quite possible to get rather merry just at lunchtime! I enjoy fine wines and am always very happy with the quality of the free wine provided.

I also think the Bar Prices on Azamara are very acceptable and you usually get a triple measure of spirits. Mixers are always free. The Martini's are really good too, particularly the Watermelon Martini and the Cocktail of the Day is always great value.

When we cruise with Azamara our bar bill is always very low compared with what we would pay on Cunard or Celebrity.

Comment

Have to endorse what KCUK says about Azamara.We are both great wine drinkers and the wines on Azamara are excellent.
            One day my husband happened to mention that the previous day's wine was exceptional and he wouldn't mind another glass , without hesitation the waiter said I will try to find you some . Off he went and about 15mins later returned with said bottle. They put it aside and just kept filling DH glass. Now that's what I call service.

Comment

Originally posted by redbonnet, Merseyside View Post
              Have to endorse what KCUK says about Azamara.We are both great wine drinkers and the wines on Azamara are excellent.
              One day my husband happened to mention that the previous day's wine was exceptional and he wouldn't mind another glass , without hesitation the waiter said I will try to find you some . Off he went and about 15mins later returned with said bottle. They put it aside and just kept filling DH glass. Now that's what I call service.
              Hi The same system is in use on Silversea if the complimentary wines selected for a particular menu are not to your liking or your prefer a different wine the sommelier will open the bottle of your choice.

Comment

Hiya cruisers,
                I prefer not to have wine included for me, rather choosing as I go (actually my Darling does the choosing, she has impeccable taste) I do go along with the Sommeliers choice if in doubt, if he/she is any good you will have an excellent wine.
                Ta ra,
                Alan

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X