• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hebridean Princess to dock for schmoozing in London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hebridean Princess to dock for schmoozing in London

Hebridean Cruises' luxury vessel the Hebridean Princess will arrive in London's docklands this week to welcome aboard City workers, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The 49-berth ship was hired by Her Majesty the Queen for a special trip to celebrate her 80th birthday three years ago.

The Hebridean Island Cruises brand is owned by the All Leisure Group, which is the largest British-owned cruise operator. It also runs the Voyages of Discovery, Discover Egypt and Swan Hellenic brands.

With the vessel in London to attract new customers, All Leisure's chief executive Roger Allard told the Daily Telegraph: "The cruise market is growing, it has gone up eight per cent in the last year, people are starting to think they can afford to go on holiday again, but they want better value for money.

"In order to offer that good value, we have to make sure we are competitive in the market."

Last week, the company purchased a fourth vessel at auction, the 250-cabin, 15,271 ton MV Alexander von Humboldt, formerly of Club Cruise Line, which it plans to completely upgrade.

Do you think you might try and get a look at the Hebridean Princess week?

Originally posted by Cruise News, cruise.co.uk View Post
    Do you think you might try and get a look at the Hebridean Princess?
    Would love to..
    if I weren't stuck out here in the ruddy Caribbean
    taking piccies for you lot!
    :D

The Crane, Barbados
    Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Oh, Aplmac, that's awful.......want some good shots of the flooding instead? (RWG2 has some stunners)
      My DH used to be "something in the City". Does this mean I've got a chance?.........(Anything to get me on my dream ship).
      Jo.
      Jo.

Comment

Apmac it wont be long till 1st Dec
        please keep taking the photos for people like me who haven't cruised to your beautiful part of the world.
        which one would you choose Barbados or London.........London smog, rain, cold and sometimes snow..... Barbados sun, sand, sea and cruise ships I know which I would choose :D
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Think I'll stay put -despite the heat and the mosquitoes!

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          Apmac it wont be long till 1st Dec
          please keep taking the photos for people like me
          who haven't cruised to your beautiful part of the world.
          which one would you choose Barbados or London..?
          ..London smog, rain, cold and sometimes snow.....
          Barbados sun, sand, sea and cruise ships
          - I know which I would choose :D
          You know I'm just being 'sarcy' when I make silly statements. ;)

I could go live in the UK tonight, since I'm a UK citizen (Dad was a Brit)
          but in 60 yrs., somehow I haven't managed to move from the islands
          even though 2 brothers and a sister live in the UK (poor sods!)

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
            You know I'm just being 'sarcy' when I make silly statements. ;)

Talking of schmoozing, you don't look your age in those photos if you are 60 plus. That is you standing in the pool isn't it? :D

Comment

[QUOTE=Aplmac, Barbados;14240]You know I'm just being 'sarcy' when I make silly statements. ;) ....yes I do know

.[/QUOTE].......don't blame you for staying in the sun and having a laid back life. bet your blood pressure is lower than theirs :D
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruise News, cruise.co.uk View Post
                Do you think you might try and get a look at the Hebridean Princess week
                I visited her a few years back. She's absolutely charming, like a small Scottish country house, but expensive. The cabins have names and no locks!

After all, If she's good enough for the Queen, she's good enough for me! ;-)
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X