• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hapag Lloyd cruise - Day 5 and farewell to Europa 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hapag Lloyd cruise - Day 5 and farewell to Europa 2

After a great afternoon wondering around the ship and exploring the areas I'd missed - there are some fantastic areas on the higher decks for sunbathing and relaxing, with lots of different seating/ lounger options. How many ways are there to sunbathe I asked myself? I will post the photos over the next few days so that you can see.
    Having done a full ship tour and spent many more hours strolling around the ship I am certain I have seen all she has to offer, and my opinion of the ship is that she is in a league of her own. Nothing I have seen before compares with her.
    Dinner in the Italian restaurant was wonderful, as has all the food been. This was my favourite meal of the week, cooked and served to perfection with the waiters doing a lovely little twirl as they placed each course on the table. I cannot remember each course I had because each course has about 5 or 6 components - again, pics to follow. One of the courses (no.3 I think!) was a tomato soup - the best I have ever tasted in my life!
    Dinner over we had our last few drinks in Sansibar with the wonderful backdrop of Venice, before retiring for the night in preparation for the journey home yesterday.
    We had an early flight out of Treviso which was like a cattle market and totally disorganised to boot. How we made it to our gate is beyond me. The flight home was with Ryanair - first and last time for everything, enough said!
    As I sit here on the sofa reflecting on the last week and looking at my photos I feel blessed to have had the chance to spend time on the Europa 2. She is a wonderful ship with fantastic facilities and staff that really care about their guests comfort and enjoyment.
    I am sure she is going to be a strong player in the 6* cruising market.
    Hannah's Hotline 0800 408 6084

The Queen of Blogs!
    hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Have really enjoyed following your blog Hannah and will look forward to your final review and pics.
    Jo

Comment

Thanks, I hope it has given folks an insight (even if only the food!). I am going to digest the whole experience for a couple of days and will then do a review for you all, hopefully to include some pics. I think the online guys are going to update the majority for me as there are over 1000 plus some video footage. I'm glad you have enjoyed following it all.
      Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
      Have really enjoyed following your blog Hannah and will look forward to your final review and pics.

The Queen of Blogs!
      hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

talk about "Chalk & Cheese" Europa II then Ryanair!!! culture shock or what?
        Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
        Eclipse 12/05
        Queen Victoria 24/03
        Eclipse 12/05
        Oceania Riveria 13/08
        Eclipse 29/09
        Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
        Eclipse 11/05
        Eclipse 06/07
        Eclipse 31/08
        Eclipse 20/10

Comment

Very unpleasant experience, as I said there is a first and last time for everything. I will never put any client of mine on a Ryanair flight!
          Originally posted by PG of A, A View Post
          talk about "Chalk & Cheese" Europa II then Ryanair!!! culture shock or what?

The Queen of Blogs!
          hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

Hi Hannah I really enjoyed your blog and am looking forward to your photo's, seeing as I wasn't accompanying you on the Europahttp://falmouthbids.s3.amazonaws.com/europa_in_inner_harbour_98d563ba84058bf3.jpg 2, I had to watch the Europa sail in to Falmouth last week, glorious weather also CG.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah, Cruise.co.uk View Post
              Very unpleasant experience, as I said there is a first and last time for everything. I will never put any client of mine on a Ryanair flight!
              Ryanair is OK as long as you know what to expect.

So saying, chalk and cheese does spring to mind.

The ship sounds wonderful, but I'd love a comparison with, say, Crystal, Cunard/Queen's Grill, Silversea...

Comment

I think the online guys are going to upload alot of the photos as I have over a 1000 - too many to blog really. Ship was wonderful - attention to detail amazing.
                Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                Hi Hannah I really enjoyed your blog and am looking forward to your photo's, seeing as I wasn't accompanying you on the Europahttp://falmouthbids.s3.amazonaws.com/europa_in_inner_harbour_98d563ba84058bf3.jpg 2, I had to watch the Europa sail in to Falmouth last week, glorious weather also CG.

The Queen of Blogs!
                hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

You are sort of looking at Crystal and beyond with the Europa 2. The attention to detail is amazing! I will do a final review in the next few days for you all to read. Pictures to follow shortly too!
                  Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

The ship sounds wonderful, but I'd love a comparison with, say, Crystal, Cunard/Queen's Grill, Silversea...

The Queen of Blogs!
                  hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah, Cruise.co.uk View Post
                    That is good to hear.

Annie

Comment

Yes, Mrs M, I was wondering how Europa II compares with those you mention and also Seabourn and Regent. Do you think we should volunteer to find out?

I've really enjoyed Hannah's blog and I'm looking forward to the review. Judith

Comment

I think that it would be an excellent idea for you to try the ship out but I feel I should come along to 'show you the ropes! I will answer all your questions and give you as much information as I can in my final review of the trip. Hopefully in a few days as I am still coming back down to earth at the moment!
                        Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        Yes, Mrs M, I was wondering how Europa II compares with those you mention and also Seabourn and Regent. Do you think we should volunteer to find out?

The Queen of Blogs!
                        hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

You're on. D'you snore?

There is some basis to our levity though.

To get an objective view of the quality of ANY product, you have to have experienced its competitors.

One can't make a true comparison or factually say x is better than y unless you have an understanding/experience of what's out there.

Comment

I'm afraid I do snore! I shall keep buying the lottery tickets and if I win enough for us to go on the cruise I will let you know I totally agree that you need to experience it in order to make educated comparisons!
                            You're on. D'you snore?

There is some basis to our levity though.

To get an objective view of the quality of ANY product, you have to have experienced its competitors.

One can't make a true comparison or factually say x is better than y unless you have an understanding/experience of what's out there.

The Queen of Blogs!
                            hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

You made it all sound wonderful, I'm glad you've enjoyed your week. I will now look forward to the pictures.

Oh and just for further investigations of ships, I am willing and able to do research also ..............................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X