• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hapag Lloyd Day 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hapag Lloyd Day 4

Day Four – Venice
    Firstly, can I say how lucky you are to get a post from me at all today following my near death experience on a water taxi this morning. It was touch and go for a while – I had one leg on the taxi and the other on dry land, arms flailing, but I finally boarded, minus my dignity, and one of the Hapag Lloyd guys generously gave me a Len Goodman style ‘7’ for effort! Anyway, having survived both that and the multitudinous pigeons that inhabit Venice, (I have a feather/bird phobia), here I am back in the sanctuary of my suite. This will be a quick update as the waffle station by the pool and the gorgeous young male pool attendants are beckoning to me and after the morning I’ve had I reckon I deserve a bit of pampering.
    On the subject of food (which seems to have featured largely in these posts), Sushi last night was superb, best I have ever eaten. In between courses, and just so that I could report back to you guys, I nipped into a neighbouring restaurant who were having a ‘Cavier evening’ – the things I do for you lot! Caviar was top notch, so that done I returned to finish the remainder of the Sushi dinner.
    We spent the rest of the evening in the Jazz Bar where there was a wonderful pianist, then back up to Sansibar at the rear of Deck Eight, where indoor leads to outdoors – a wonderful area to spend late evenings when the weather is right.
    I have found many of the indoor bars, lounges and restaurants to be quite quiet. A member of staff explained that this is often the case when the weather is good as the passengers want to make the most of it. When they do their more northern itineraries the inside lounges and facilities are much busier. Indeed, the speciality restaurants are quiet even in the evenings, while Yacht Club (like Sansibar, inside and out) was heaving last night – the Sushi restaurant is next to Yacht club.
    Tonight we will dine in Serennisima, the Italian restaurant – I am really looking forward to this as Italian is my favourite cuisine, although I am not sure just how much more food I can consume after all I have eaten this week!
    Todays walking tour of Venice was excellent, and as part of the tour we lunched in an authentic Venetian restaurant on a selection of local seafood and risotto, all of which was delicious.
    Well, the waffles beckon so I will catch you all soon. Tomorrow I shall be disembarking and heading home. This has been a wonderful experience, one that I would heartily recommend. Things don’t have to be ‘British’ to be considered excellent, and Hapag Lloyd certainly are most excellent!
    I am back in the office on Tuesday and will start to post some photos over the next few weeks on my blog – with just over 1000 this may take some time. You can see them at Hannah's Harbours - everything that you need to know about cruising. I will also continue to answer any questions you may have on here.
    Now, what toppings to have on that waffle???............................
    Hannah's Hotline 0800 408 6084

The Queen of Blogs!
    hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Must be a hard life all this eating I so admire you....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I must be honest Taffy, its been tough , all done in the name of research though! We have been well and truly spoilt this week, food is absolutely top notch all round - and talking of 'all round' you should see me! Pics will follow over the next few weeks...........
      Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
      Must be a hard life all this eating I so admire you....Taffy

The Queen of Blogs!
      hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Hannah it has been a great read, we are off on Tuesday starting from Venice for a 14 night cruise with Princess. Hope I don't have too much trouble with the water taxi, sounded very hairy to me and you needed that extra food for the trauma!

Comment

Great to follow your review and adventures Hannah. Have a safe onward journey home. Back to reality soon!

Comment

My whole life flashed in front of my eyes. On reflection maybe it was all the extra food that caused the problem I hope you have a great cruise - saw Royal Princess in Venice on Friday, just one of the seven ships in port that day! That said, Venice wasn't overly crowded. They seem to cope well with the volume of people. Bon Voyage!
            Originally posted by Catch us if you can!, London View Post
            Thanks Hannah it has been a great read, we are off on Tuesday starting from Venice for a 14 night cruise with Princess. Hope I don't have too much trouble with the water taxi, sounded very hairy to me and you needed that extra food for the trauma!

The Queen of Blogs!
            hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Maggie. I had the most wonderful time. Europa 2 is in a league of its own, the quality and attention to detail is unparallelled. I would have loved to have had a few more days but I don't think my waistline would have coped! Journey home was horrendous, first and last time with Ryanair! Just sat on the sofa looking at my photos now and wishing I was back there.
              Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
              Great to follow your review and adventures Hannah. Have a safe onward journey home. Back to reality soon!

The Queen of Blogs!
              hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X